SDA Minister sacked for being more accepting of Gay couples in his church and video of his last sermon

by barry 1 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

I'm no longer a SDA but still have an interest on how they are progressing many are wonderful people in serving the lord.

I have been following Ryan Bell at Hollywood Adventist church and how he has connected with the community their also there may be lessons that witnesses can use to effect change in their situations

Ryan has been very innovative in connecting with the community he has introduced Ash wednesday into the church which is unusual for an Adventists church somthing Ive never experianced. He has had Muslim imams from the local mosque take a number of sermons at his church. These may have made the conference a little edgy. Ryan has been actively involved with social justice and other community issues.

The incidents which led to Ryans sacking came when he accepted Gay couples into fellowship. he also was one of the first churches to film ' Seventh Gay Adventists ' a movie about two adventist couples who are SDA and one lesbian couple. Ryan was sacked by the conference not the church.

So if anyone is interested just look at the video it may have some helpful idears in dealing with the WT problems. If th evideo is a bit long for some just look at the second half.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXJc_rrz0Q&feature=player_embedded

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks for contributing. As I can read faster than listening, videos are hard for me to watch unless they are very short.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit