Did you work hard to get privileges within the Jehovah's Witnesses Organization...? Did you ever wanted to be a CO, DO or marry a CO or DO?

by suavojr 8 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

To later simply accept the sad fact that holy spirit had nothing to do with your selection

Did you work hard to become a MS, Elder, pioneer?

Did you try to become a CO or DO?

How did you feel when you realized all the deceit and lies?

Share some stories!!

I personally worked hard to become a MS after loosing the position in 2004 and it took me 5 years and had to become a Regular Pioneer to get it back! Now I just want to drop everything...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I wanted to be an Elder.

Then they found out my parents were married.

I no longer qualified.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I never worked hard for privileges, I just worked hard because that's the type of person I am, and I was given them as a consequence, each time I was surprised.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I worked hard for all my responsibilities. Which is interesting because some do not. I knew one born in whose father was an elder he got positions in the congregation without any effort and it took 3 speeding tickets of 15 miles over before he got removed. Others were removed for just playing laser tag.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I never worked hard to become appointed as an MS. Appointments will vary from congregation to congregation. Some are appointed in the congregation where there's a real need for brothers. In the congregation where I was appointed, they had 5 elders & 2 MS, however, these men were aged and couldn't do much. When the elders said they wanted to meet with me to discuss my appointment I was shocked, because I had some resurging doubts about the WTBS.

The congregation where I was appointed only required you to come to the meetings, make a couple comments, be friendly & do at least 9 hours of FS each month to be appointed...ofcourse, they were desperate for men in the Khall, because it's an aging congregation. I've never had a Bible Study in my life and usually gave others my RV's before I was fully awaken.

The funny thing is that it's easier to get appointed than to step down or give up these "privileges"

Peace

Kool Jo

• suavojr
    suavojr

Everything the WT does or say is for the survival of the organization and they love to promote from within. Men who are not considered a threat to the current leadership at any given congregation and men who are willing to say YES.

Are you a YES man or woman??

Judging by the replies I can tell you wanted out.

• hoser
    hoser

I wanted to be an Elder.

Then they found out my parents were married.

I no longer qualified.

took me a while to figure out but

lololol

• DATA-DOG
  • suavojr
    suavojr

wow DATA DOG! Your elders will not like you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit