Reverse Witnessing Strategies When You Meet People Studying With JWs!

by PokerPlayerPhil 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Today I had a great witness sharing websites about the Watchtower and how many lives they limited by their superstitious teachings and high-group mind control. I was pretty effective, I think he's going to quit his study and got his phone number in case this guy needs additional information. He wants to believe in Jesus Christ, he's working for the government with a great job so it came as a surprise to him he is going to have to quit his job if he is to become a Jehovah's Witness. This is how we are going to get the best pay-off for our time, we talked for two hours so my question to you is, how do I count my time? :)

If you have good ideas to help Reverse Witness please post what's helped you succeed in getting people away from this Mental Imprisoning Cult. Thank you a bunch!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I "reversed witness" to an Elder & his wife about the Org's "new" scrolls lies at Revelation 20:1-12.

After read aloud the verses, she asked "why do we believe this then?", while he said not a word!

Sadly, reading the truth from the Bible wasn't proof enough for them! The Watchtower is their benchmark!

• carla
    carla

Good job Pokerplayer!

Searcher, care to elaborate?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'd promised myself that if any Witness mentioned "new" scrolls in my company, then I'd have to tell them exactly what the scriptures say. Weeks later, an Elder and his wife popped in for a coffee. During the conversation, she said how wonderful it will be when the new scrolls are opened. I just looked at my wife and smiled, prompting the Elder's wife to ask me what was wrong.

I simply said, "there are no such things as new scrolls."

"Yes there are" she said. I asked her to pick up the NWT on the coffee table and read Rev. 20:12. She saw that the word "new" doesn't exist!

I then asked her when the scrolls would be opened. "During Christ's 1000 year reign" she said.

"Nope", said I. "Read verses 1-10 and tell us what has to happen before the scrolls are opened."

She was dismayed to see that Satan gets abyssed for 1000 years, released, & then destroyed before the scrolls are opened. Hence her statement about why we believe this.

Elder husband did a good impression of Harpo Marx - never said a single word!

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    I wish I would have had someone around to point out certain things to me when I was studying. Had that been the case I would have cancelled it sooner than I did. I had some doubts at the time but I didn't have any scriptural knowledge (still don't) and they seemed to understand it all. Without anyone around to tell me otherwise I started believing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit