Re: 2013 annual meeting

by pixel 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wholly
    Wholly

I'm thinking some will interpret this as the much anticipated signal that the END HAS COME!!! They will expect special instructions for the great crowd to flee from the wrath of Jehovah.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just another JW snore-fest, trying to whip up some excitement and donations among the sheeples.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

The Latter Day Saints broadcast their General Conference for their members. It seems the Watchtower has been copying the Mormons with their Family Worship Night and new children's activites and videos.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Well now we all know that the English speaking KH will be empty on October 5 & 6. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 00DAD
    00DAD

That explains the previous threads which leaked elders being instructed to purchase Dell video projectors. The GB is going to do a video conference!

2012 Watchtower Projector/Dell Manual

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

It's gonna be funny when they issue invitations next year to the "100th anniversary of Christ's invisible reign over nothing and doing nothing" annual meeting.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

How long before they use the screens in the Kindom Halls to give mind-srewing lectures like Big Brother in 1984 ?

weeks ?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Interesting.... could be a precursor of things to come...

I can almost foresee the WT tightening control like never before by having completely centralized assembly talks given by specially selected Brooklyn Brass (or should I say Warwick Brass) over MP4 streaming video (with a 10-second delay to allow muting all the f**k-ups) fed via satellite into assembly halls and eventually every kingdom hall on the planet.... yeah... This is probably how they'll begin CULTivating the 3rd "Overlapping Generation" ..

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Interesting announcement. I think this could backfire. There's a big difference between listening to live speaker (even a mediocre one) and listening to a video of one. I teach at a state university and right now, there's a big push for more of us to teach on-line. In the workshops I've attended, we're learning how to make videos of our lectures; however, individual vids should be no more than 15 minutes, max! That's because (we're told) that people find it hard to concentrate on a speaker for any longer, regardless of how fascinating she might be. A 45-60 min. lecture that's successful face-to-face doesn't migrate so well into vid form.

And it looks like this Ann Meet program is 2 1/2 hours??? Yikes!

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I think ultimately they are going to say that in areas where there are no congregation owned assembly halls that they will start having district and circuit assemblies in the kingdom halls as a way to save money. Of course, the spin will be that it is a loving arrangement so that no one has to put up the expense for travel etc...

People will hear this and suppose the end is upon them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit