New blood policy

by rhett 4 Replies latest jw friends

• rhett
    rhett

I just got the newest copy of the Watchtower and in it there's new light! As it turns out they have a new understanding of the scripture at Psamls 156;23 and because of it accepting blood transfusions is now a matter of conscience. Their reasoning behind it is that apparently it was revealed to the GB that to keep numbers up it would be best to allow this matter to be a conscience decision because too many of the current members were dying off because of this and they want to keep their numbers up.
    This day (April 1st) is surely a memorable day. Finally, those fools are wising up!

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Alas, this is what they'll have to do one day, but I know this is an April Fool's thing, for there is no verse 23 in the 156th Psalm.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There's no 156th Psalm either.
    I'd normally see the funny side, but I guess the blood issue is a little too tender for me to appreciate it.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Gosh, I was completely taken in. I'm tired of April Fool's Day now.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Rhett,

That's not a nice April Fool's joke! My heart was pounding thinking that it might be true!

"We would not refuse to treat one as a brother because he did not believe the Society is the Lord's channel... There should be full liberty of conscience." -- WT April 1, 1920, p. 100, 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit