Ever been in MO, KS, HI? Do I know you?

by Billygoat 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

These are some congregations I've been in...

Bowling Green - Bowling Green, Missouri
    McCully and Diamond Head - Honolulu, Hawaii
    Linwood - Wichita, Kansas

...would we happen to know each other?

Email me and let me know...I'd love to get reacquainted!

Andi

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

BG:

Our time periods varied, so I'm deleting the Cong I ask about to protect my identity.

Thanks.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

MA - it was when I was small child and then again as a teenager. Last time was in 1989 when I graduated from high school. Do I know you? Or maybe do we know some mutual people?

Andi

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Billygoat,

How did you get out of OZ?!

I lived in Wichita from 1996-1999. Thankfully, my husband got a new job! If I believed in Purgatory, that would be it....Witchita!

I never went to the KH there...I got out so long ago.

Are you from Wichita? Did you enjoy living there?

It is a small world...my husband and I moved to Columbus, Ohio in 1999, from Wichita. Our next door neighbors are from Columbus...one night, about 1 year ago, we called and invited them out to dinner....they accepted and said that some friends of theirs had just moved back into town. We agreed to meet them all later that evening.

When we got to the restaurant, our neighbors, Terry and Carol, introduced us to Tim and Sallie...who had just moved back to Ohio from WICHITA!!!!

They loved living there!!! I knew immediately we would not be friends with them....if you love Wichita, after having lived in other parts of the country, you need therapy. There was nothing to do. Nothing. Watch the wheat grow and the cows moo.

The upside was, with the lack of entertainment, my husband went to Wichita State U and got his MBA and I went back and finished my BS....at least something positive happened there.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((puffs)))

Hey! I went to WSU too! Not for too long. Long enough to meet my ex-husband and get married and then divorced. I liked Wichita, but I had a really close-knit group of friends I went to college with. Heavily involved in the Greek system (although I was never in a sorority) so there was always something to do. I was in Wichita from middle of 1989 to 1997 when I moved to Dallas. Seems like you and I overlapped our time there. I miss a lot of my friends ... all of them worldly. I'd like to get in touch with a few of my JW friends too, if they're willing to correspond. Most of those I know are no longer there themselves, so I really don't have much reason to go back, even for a visit. Too bad you weren't at a Kingdom Hall there. We might know each other!

Andi

• terafera2
    terafera2

Billy,

I knew a girl in honolulu who was a witness..she was a Horner. If that name sounds familiar, let me know!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

terafera,

Ack! Yes I remember Michal!!! She's now has a different last name as she's been married to another friend of ours. We were in the same congregation and in the same grade at school. Please email me. Do I know you?

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit