Following their own rules, Should the Governing Body be disfellowshipped for decades of misleading the flock – and thus tainting God’s name – without any evidence of repentance?

by matt2414 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• matt2414
    matt2414

I was wondering about this because I don’t ever recall reading an apology from the Governing Body when it feels the need to change its understanding of scripture. I mean, has the Governing Body ever issued an apology to God and their fellow Jehovah’s Witnesses – begging for forgiveness – for the many errors in Bible doctrine that they want others to believe and insist came from God? We’ve all read their glaring mistakes on doctrine:

• Millions now living will never die
    • Supposed dates when the end would come
    • The timing of the end of the gentile times
    • Timing of Christ’s inspection
    • When and how Christ would return
    • Identifying the superior authorities
    • Declaring who will come back in the resurrection
    • The use of the word “minister”
    • The use of blood, and later, blood fractions
    • This generation
    • Condemning the United Nations while being members of that organization
    • Teachings regarding the anointed, little flock and great crowd
    • Identifying faithful and discreet slave
    • Inventing a “Governing Body”
    • And the list goes on and on

But have they ever said they are sorry for their hundreds of public talks, Watchtower studies, assembly and convention parts, and books that promoted these teachings, only to have them change later? Has the Watchtower ever printed an apology? Have they ever admitted that the information they preached – and threatened with disfellowshipping those who refused to believe – was merely made up, and that God isn’t to blame? Or have they instead insidiously suggested that GOD IS to blame because he gave them light, “light that gets brighter and brighter” (Prov. 4:18)? Since it is “impossible for God to lie” (Heb. 6:18), are they not calling God a liar by twisting that verse in Proverbs, thus tainting God’s “holy” name? Aren’t they just like the Pharisees and other religious leaders in Jesus’ day whom he condemned for lording it over the flock (Matt. 9:36) with their myriad laws and teachings?

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses seem intelligent. Don’t they ever wonder about these things?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I fixed your post. Lots of coding got added it that shouldn't be there But to respond to your question: Yes. Except for Raymond Franz and oithers like him that recognized many of the serious problems in the org and might have moved the JWs in a more Christian direction. Not that it would make much difference to me because I was already out. and would not go back

• matt2414
    matt2414

Thanks for fixing it. :)

• prologos
    prologos

what would be the reason APOSTACY?, standing away from the true faith, doctrine? then

anybody talking with them, reading their literature, passing their literature elctronic messages would be disfellowshipped too?

sign of repentance?

• matt2414
    matt2414

I was wondering about that too. Following the Governing Body's own doctrine, haven't the Governing Body members, in effect, disassociated themselves from God and the Christian congregation by their actions, much like one who goes to war or takes blood? Of course, since their lies started so long ago, it makes me wonder if they were truly ever part God's Christian congregation.

I couldn't help but think of Daniel 12:9-10:

9 He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand."

If we are in the time of the end, as the Witnesses claim, and the GB isn't able to understand the Scriptures, isn't it logical to conclude that they are the "wicked" these verses refer to? No wonder God has left them to flail in the wind without spiritual guidance!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah that'll happen.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Of course they shouldn't be.

They should be awarded medals of honour and given a new car.

Their sayings and writings should be written down in a series of pocket-sized books and studied by school kids in every land.

They should be given velvet pants with fur trim.

For they are great men.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

They should - but since they make up the rules...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No!

They should be sent to the electric chair for crimes against humanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit