Southern Maine/NH ?

by DocBob 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• DocBob
    DocBob

Looking for former JWs in southern Maine and NH. I was in the Kittery Maine and Portsmouth NH congregations from 1973 - 96

Bob

• Mulan
    Mulan

Really? I have only seen Kittery Maine in my genealogy stuff. Any Maxfields, Varneys or Estes in that congregation? My ancestors settled there, and in Windham and China back in 1740 or so. They were Quakers.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• zanex
    zanex

falmouth/mackworth island for 4 yrs 78-80 then greater portland area\westbrook 80-90 I miss that coast...im on the other side now..cali..and I knew Estes AND Maxfields in my cong...I am no longer jw but I do remember the people. Beautiful coastline...I miss cape elizabeth...

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

I vacation there in the summer.... Love the area. We stay at Goose Rocks Beach.

Zanex - Cape Elizabeth is amazing.... That littel seafood shack right by the lighthouse, with all the waves crashing on the rocks... And those lobster rolls are just to die for!!! Oh, I can't wait for the summer!

• DocBob
    DocBob
    Really? I have only seen Kittery Maine in my genealogy stuff. Any Maxfields, Varneys or Estes in that congregation? My ancestors settled there, and in Windham and China back in 1740 or so. They were Quakers.

No Marilyn, none of any of those in either congregation while I was a JW. Most of the JWs around here were not originally from this area. My wife and I were among the few really local JWs at the time.

All three are common names in the area though.

• DocBob
    DocBob
    falmouth/mackworth island for 4 yrs 78-80 then greater portland area\westbrook 80-90 I miss that coast...im on the other side now..cali..and I knew Estes AND Maxfields in my cong...I am no longer jw but I do remember the people. Beautiful coastline...I miss cape elizabeth...

zanex, we probably walked past each other at a circuit assembly. :)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thank you Zanex, for that information. They are probably all related to me........I've never been there, but my ancestors settled there, as I said before.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• zanex
    zanex

collegegirl-yah i do remember that lighthouse and that little shack..I spent most of my time runnin around the beach and hoppin around on the rocks...yah I vividly remember those waves crashing...ahhh the dayz of innocence...
    mulan-yah I member both of em..dang that takes me WAY back...I was a kid back then..we were just a bunch of innocent dumbshits who knew nuthin. LOL but we all dreamed of one day being able to be the coveted "microphone attendant" whatever..hahahahaha. I got cynical somewhere along the line hahahaha

• zanex
    zanex

doc bob-those were different days back then...I do remember those conventions tho...that takes me back...

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

wish i'd have known about this site and everyone earlier. i used to date a guy from near conway. was out there all the time and usually headed off to portsmouth for the day when he was working. would have been great to have some friends to hang out with.

p.s. could someone please have a moose juice for me? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit