Interesting Blog from Former Vancouver B.C. Pioneer in China

by Poztate 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you. Incredible read. Thrilling actually. To understand another human being's mind, as it grasps the truth about The Truth ( tm) and letting us know her outcome.

Thank you.

Just Lois

• ambersun
    ambersun

Thanks Poztate that was really interesting, especially the fact that once Amber was out of her comfort zone she began to think for herself and see things in a different light, leading to her waking up to the truth about the truth.

I loved the part when it suddenly dawned on her that all those enthusiastic Chinese studies she had conducted while still living in Vancouver were only really interested in the free English lessons she was giving them at the same time

• designs
    designs

Exposure to other cultures is a great way to broaden your mind.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Great stuff- there are so many like her that need articles/blogs. There are literally millions of ex-JWs that have compelling stories.

• itsyou
    itsyou

@ambersun: "I loved the part when it suddenly dawned on her that all those enthusiastic Chinese studies she had conducted while still living in Vancouver were only really interested in the free English lessons she was giving them at the same time"

A bit of creative writing me thinks - she is a good writer, very lucid and readable....

but it is accepted that many Chinese students have JW studies to improve their English and English conversation - with studies continued because it is thought that it will help to break down barriers, they themselves might not become 'JWs', but once these students go back to China with presumably good, even high-ranking jobs, they will at least be friendly to any advances JWs make in China in the years to come

so no real surprise or revelation, but actually something that should be done to help lay the groundwork....

sorry

itsyou

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit