Will you attend the Memorial this year? Why? Why not?

by Open mind 85 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

I will, with dear hubby, absolutely. For much of the same reasons as dear tec and JMom stated (peace to you all!): to (1) set an example of what EVERYONG SHOULD be doing; and (2) because my love for THEM never failed.

To those who do go... and partake: take courage! While these might, by their "hatred" for you, show themselves to be the "world"... the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah... has conquered the "world"!

Peace to you... and "see you" there... in spirit!

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• QC
    QC

I'm thinking of going to one of the foreign congregations. They have the date right for the most important day in the history of the world. And, I like a celebration atmosphere. Also I'm curious to take the temperature of hostility when others partake along with me.

I'll report my experience.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It`s 20 years since the smiddy`s went to a memorial , such a thing never ever enters mrs smiddys head anymore nor mine except for reminders here.

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I always like to know when it is though, so I can go out around sundown and just after sure in the knowledge I won't run in to a JW.

Good job I'm not a burglar. I'd know just when to hit their places.

I can understand why some, like Shelby and Tec and other partakers go, and that some go so as not to upset family on that particular occasion.

But I still stand by my "You should be ashamed" statement for those who go and do not make any kind of stand against the WT/JW machine in any way ever.

I fail to see how you hope to help your family if you totally hide your light under a basket.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only way I will attend is if I get forcibly dragged to the place. That is, if a couple of joke-hova's filthy angels barge in and physically cart me down the stairs (roughly), shove me into a car, drive it to the Kingdumb Hell, shove me into the building, and prevent me from doing anything to either break out or disrupt the whole thing (spilling the spoiled grape juice on purpose right on the carpet, yelling "Hail Satan!" instead of "Amen" after the prayer, or start beating up the religion for being dishonestly half Jewish (pretending to be pure Christian while practicing pharisaic rules), using language that is not permitted on this forum.

As I see it, I would rather reject Jesus at home, and in such a way as to not also reject Astaroth.

• mP
    mP

Ah the memorial to the birth of the sun, but of course we will ignore that. Both happen on the exact same day etc.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Unfortunately yes. I'm dreading it of course but have to go as I'm still 'in'. I've never been a fan of the memorial, even before learning the TTATT. Its always horribly claustrophobic and just a bit awkward, as if know one really knows why they are there or what they are actually 'celebrating' but just smile and pretend they are having a wonderfully spiritual experience. The only good thing about it is the bottle of red that hubby and I pick up on the way home after escaping. I hope this is my last memorial.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

In my case, I was stranged from my family before I awoke. And for years I had had problems, issues, and confrontations with the elders also before my awakening. I was a MS and I was only not kicked out because I had good friends to protect me. It pains me to death to lose these good friends because of the wicked policies of a wicked corporation.

Well, because of the uniqueness of my situation, I just stopped attending meetings once and for all. As you all know when people have to choose between a friend and the WT, the WT usually has the upper hand due to their extreme cultish high-control techniques, brainwashing, and indoctrination of the R&F. Nevertheless, I must be true to myself.

I can be totally out of the cult, I don't have a wife or children still in or anything like that. So I'm out.

I am not going to the Memorial. I do not wish to insult God or Christ, if they exist.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nah! It clashes with my drinking arrangements.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Phizzy: Not sure if it was intentional or not, but you've created a bit of a "straw man" argument with this statement:

But I still stand by my "You should be ashamed" statement for those who go and do not make any kind of stand against the WT/JW machine in any way ever.

I didn't say "don't take a stand". For us, we take a very insidious, crafty, cautious stand. By attending the Memorial, we continue to have access to extended JW family, and therefore are able to take "baby step" stands against the WT in a way that doesn't completely shut us out from conversations with them. It's the path we've chosen.

Best to you on your path.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit