Will you attend the Memorial this year? Why? Why not?

by Open mind 85 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

No, No, I shall not attend

Cuz if I do I'll crack the bread

And boy oh boy

I'll drink the wine

Then all the 'friends' will say:

"She thinks she's divine".

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Will somone just go and drink a bit of wine and drop some dentures in the glass for me? Will yah?

NJY

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

No, last year was the last one for us. I had a panic attack and when I left that night I knew something was terribly wrong with this religion and we went to one more meeting and one day of the DC and that was it for us.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Now that I am on the other side of the Memorial, the empathy I have for people who attended because they were "hen pecked", given the "evil eye", tormented by their parents into submission or had no other choice. I use to look at people who showed up once a year, one family in particular were so fried out of their brains on weed, you could smell it through the Kingdom Hall. I like the adjectives given to "the once a year members", now is that what I want to become?

I want to fade and I do not want to give the impression I need something from the group, they are the most selfish, self-absorbed, comically worthless preachers of the Good News. I watched a family get four hours in field service while working their self-employed job, "Double-Time" pay! Do I want to put myself back into the reach of individuals who only care how many hours in field service and meetings you attend? I think I understand that song "Don't know what you got until it's gone!", I know I had a lot of anxiety, guilt and stress to perform a act I should have quit long ago. How do others celebrate the Memorial in private, can you throw some ideas our ways to help members on their first memorial disconnection but love our lord Jesus Christ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Are they still performing that sham???

• Heaven
    Heaven

Did these people receive an invite? If not, why not?

Remote Amazon Tribe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit