Will you attend the Memorial this year? Why? Why not?

by Open mind 85 Replies latest jw friends

• brokethechain
    brokethechain

I will probably attend for my family's sake. They've been supportive of me, and I feel it's a way for me to show respect for their beliefs. If they shunned me, I definitely would not bother.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I went to my last one some years ago, I have JW family who are in and would just love to see me there. Go for their sake ?

I consider that a nonsense, it simply reinforces their deluded belief that the WT has some truth, and it does so for all the JW's who see you turn up.

In all conscience, I cannot go for those reasons, to perpetuate the belief is to tighten the chains that bind.

Those of you going should be ashamed.

• happy@last
    happy@last

No, last year I went after I'd startedcto fade, hated every second of it, was the last time I was in a KH, I won't be going this year. My wife invited me, I said if I went it would only be to please people I have nothing to do with, so should I go? She understood. It will be just like any other night for me.

• tec
    tec

I believe so.

For two reasons:

- I only ever went to one before, and I said no to Christ. I have since partaken and said yes... but I would like to go and say yes there, as i should have the first time around.

- To show that it is Him we should listen to rather than others (showing by example), and to perhaps give courage to someone else who also hears and wants to partake and say yes to Christ, but is afraid of the wts, and so listening to them, instead of Christ.

If I am home during that time rather than at my parents, I will go to the kingdom hall that I originally went to. Might even be recognized.

Peace,

tammy

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Nope. Missed last 2 years in a row, don't see why I should go to the reject Jesus funeral.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I'll go back when they serve real wine and put some cheese on the crackers. It's just advertishing for the WT.

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks for the replies, OM. Glad to see you're on track.

Regards,

SandraC

• HBH
    HBH

I havn't been in a KH in over 5 years. However, no one knows me here, I could go and be anyone I want to be. I could go in street clothes and a tye dye. Check out the sisters, charm one into studying with me ALONE. Well you get the point, I could make up anything and no one would know my past. It might be good for kicks.

HBH

• Open mind
    Open mind

Phizzy: "Those of you going should be ashamed."

Different strokes for different folks.

om

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

No, I don't want to reconnect to any JWs and have the elders believe that I am now open to talk to them...I asked them to leave me alone and they have for over 2 years...I like it this way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit