Hope I planted a seed to my kid why it's not the Truth..

by marriedtoajw 6 Replies latest jw friends

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

My wife took my kids to a special talk last night and I had no clue. I came home from work at 9pm and no one was home. I misplaced my house key so luckily they pulled in the drive way only minutes after me. I was a little upset but didn't say a word in from of the kids. Once we all got inside, my 12 year old son asked how come I don't go to the meetings. Wife and other kids were all standing around and I just said, "because I don't believe that it's the truth". Mind you this is all because the wife has gotten JW crazy since my oldest sons 21st birthday. Anyway, my younger son didn't follow up and let it go at that and so I did too. This morning on the way to school I told him that they've made too many mistakes in the past that hurt people but still they call it "the Truth" and that God speaks to the world through them. He asked, like what mistakes. I mentioned the false prophecies because we had a talk a few months ago about the Camping prophecy failure that he himself critized. He said, "yeah that's too big huh"? By that time we got to school. My kid is very very smart and wise for his age...

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That is awesome, married. Sounds like you know how to handle things without being confrontational. I hope you keep dropping seeds, cause you know your wife certainly is. Well done! Have a great weekend!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi marriedtoajw, Showing undconditional love to your son, asking him simple questions about how he feels about what the WTBTS promotes, and encouraging him to independently research the WTBTS are some of the best ways to plant seeds of doubts in a child's mind. Also, it helps to encourage your son to go on play dates and sleep overs with non-JWs, who you like and feel will not get your son into too much trouble.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done! Joining the WBT$ cult must be discouraged when appropriate.

I'm sure your kids will use satan's internet and find TTATT.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

If you encourage him to go to college, he'll learn/sharpen valuable critical thinking skills that will serve him well in ALL of life's important decisions...including which faith he should follow.

Sorry, I don't know your background. Are/Were you ever a J-dub? The only other observation I would make is that if he gets baptised BEFORE going to college, any future decision not to follow the J-dub faith will have a much bigger impact on his life and the relationship with his J-dub family.

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

That's great!

Your wife may try to deny or belittle the false prophecies if your son brings them up to her,so it might be good to have the evidence ready and available..

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

marriedtoajw you have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit