Convention Cartoon

by freemindfade 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Could it be they're trying to break out of the mold of appearing like a cult to outsiders?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Illuminated - "Could it be they're trying to break out of the mold of appearing like a cult to outsiders?"

Yeah, good luck with that.

• sd-7
    sd-7

On some level, it makes sense the adults would like the cartoons, too, since the leadership reduces them to childlike dependency. Perhaps that's why I still like cartoons so much myself...fascinating...but not these cartoons. How the game has changed. I mean, I know we were being spoon-fed, but this is getting a bit too far out there. I suppose I would credit them for trying to care about young people, except that 'care' means 'recruit', so...I'd really rather not.

--sd-7

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Two things I noticed from the cartoon:

1. there was no mention of donation

2. sisters should not wear high heals.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    There sure was a lot of mentions of "showing appreciation" though. That has been used in the past as JW speak for "donate."
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

Sorry I'm going to be the party pooper here but I sure liked the doodles. I'm always doodling so it was a feast to my eyes.

The audience in my hall reacted stupidly. I was praying and hoping that they wouldn't applaud. But a few did; I'd say 10 persons in about 50. Not the frantic ecstatic applause though, a very cold one which lasted for half a second.

The general laughter were forthcoming throughout the show though.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm shocked that donations were not mentioned! Well, not really. You see, they save that until the convention accounts reports! Then you have the group pressure to donate! It's actually a form of mass brain-washing!

Its all happy, happy, blessings from Jeehoobidoober/ loaded language/ propaganda and then...WHAMMO!!!!! Oh, BTW.. Jeehobo is broke again!

LET'S REVIEW: STFU AND BE BLESSED!!!

DD

• freddo
    freddo
    I'd rather watch that than listen to the crusty old secretary while he wags his finger at us and gives us a lecture from the Kingdumb Misery. But I guess we'll get the cartoon and the lecture on Thursday ...
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas

One thing I noticed. There was NO person of color depicted in that cartoon. Yeah they definitely act like it's the 50's. They are still prejudice

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

whathehadas One thing I noticed. There was NO person of color depicted in that cartoon.

Those were doodles in black and white. How did you come to that conclusion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit