Jehovah's Witnesses recover best from surgery, despite refusing blood

by His Excellency 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• His Excellency
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That is hard to say. I think most people who have a spiritual outlook are said to recover well. Then again so do positive people. Taking someone's blood means that you have taken a foreign substance into your body. So even though the Bible does not condemn transfusions, that does not mean there are not risks, or at least factors that may slow your recovery.

I will always choose the best medical procedure, or product that I can get. If a bloodless product is available, safe, and can do the same thing as blood, then I would use it. As far as the article goes, I bet that anyone who is positive and takes an alternative to blood, would recover quicker. JW's are just in the spotlight because they are forced to seek and alternative, therefore good Doctors and Scientists who value life, came up with alternatives. Then the GB take the credit for advancements being made. That is as stupid as the GB taking credit for the rolly-cart invention, because they force people to go in service in the city.

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is pure propaganda. These are some very intelligent scum bags. They are trying to paint an image to the world that refusing blood transfusions actually increased medical scientific progress and saved lives in the process. They operate on the false notion that the medical community somehow needed their child blood sacrifices in order to progress in bloodless surgery. When in reality the medical community was forced to watch children die needlessly under their care. What resulted was a dire necessity to keep it from happening again. Bloodless surgery is a great technology and the Watchtower has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. They are life takers, not savers. The Watchtower has their own personal holocaust and just like the Nazi's they are making a desperate attempt to cover up the brutal truth.

Dwight Eisenhower, an EXJW, had this to say after taking a tour of a death camp:

The same day I saw my first horror camp. It was near the town of Gotha. I have never been able to describe my emotional reactions when I first came face to face with indisputable evidence of Nazi brutality and ruthless disregard of every shred of decency. Up to that time I had known about it only generally or through secondary sources. I am certain however, that I have never at any time experienced an equal sense of shock.
    I visited every nook and cranny of the camp because I felt it my duty to be in a position from then on to testify at first hand about these things in case there ever grew up at home the belief or assumption that "the stories of Nazi brutality were just propaganda". Some members of the visiting party were unable to go through with the ordeal. I not only did so but as soon as I returned to Patton's headquarters that evening I sent communications to both Washington and London, urging the two governments to send instantly to Germany a random group of newspaper editors and representative groups from the national legislatures. I felt that the evidence should be immediately placed before the American and the British publics in a fashion that would leave no room for cynical doubt.

The Watchtower is trying to cover up the mass graves they have created just as the Nazi's did. They call US the propaganda artists. Like I said, intelligent scum. The world must know the truth about the truth.

-Sab

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Not what my husbands Dr. said He siad most of his JW patient die but he always did his best to respecr their wishes.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It depends on the surgery and the circumstance. If it is elective surgery, the doctor has time to develop options. Blood is often a last-ditch effort and is usually used in emergencies. Say for instance that your jugular got nicked. If you refuse blood, you die. Or for example, you go in for that elective surgery and a major artery gets nicked. If you refuse blood, you die. If there had been no emergency, simply routine, you very well may recover faster than a person given blood.

I think this particular example is blood transfusions in case of a heart attack. Most patients suffering a heart attack do not need blood.

What I find reprehensible is the additional risk that pregnant women face, and their child, by refusing emergency blood transfusion.

• Earnest
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other angle to look at this of course, what about all the JWS that did die from refusing a BT.

There have been acknowledged and recognized risks with BT for years but that still doesn't completely equate its usefulness

in medical practice.

Medical procedures have improved and advanced over the years and from this BTs are not used as much as they have in the past.

The other aspect to be realized is that whole blood is hard to get and keep on hand and its expensive to do so for Hospitals.

One thing you'll will never hear or come out the mouth of a JW is that millions of people's

lives have been saved by using BTs since its inception and use in the medical field.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Over a billion lives saved by blood transfusions. Science Heroes.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hate the spin the WT gives on blood "expanders" and EPO. I had a long discussion about this with a dub how EPO does nothing for a person in an emergancy. It takes 3 weeks to see the effects. Give a guy epo who's lost a considerable amount of bllod and hope he doesn't die in 3 weeks. The idiot dub just kep arguing it that it's something that can save u. Of course his information was based solely on the blood booklet.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. for the longest time has used the tactic of lying and using only information that supports their doctrines, in essence one could define this

as their own spiritual warfare expressed exclusively for themselves and toward their own purposed identity.

Most doctrines devised by this religious organization (made by men for men) are supported in a similar way

Quite frankly I find this statistic highly suspicious, in that this study is very loosely arranged and controlled upon varied medical circumstances.

Not many situations arise where a JWS refuse treatment in ONE controlled environment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit