New Pope will be named Peter

by Monsieur 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

I remember reading somewhere in regards to a a 'prophet' of sorts who had predicted all the Popes that have been chosen.

His 'prophecy' stated that the next Pope (since Benedict has resigned) would be the last before the 'end' would come. His name would be Pope Peter.

Let's see what happens. We are suppose to know who the next Pope will be before easter.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Yes.....Peter will be the name of the new Pope. His full name will be His Holiness Pope Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater.

• Glander
    Glander

Just so it's not, "His Holiness Pope Peter Eater"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

This refers to the prophecy of St. Malachy, according to which the next pope will be the final one. The prophecy is not believed to be original with St. Malachy (who lived in the 12th century), but is regarded as a 16th century forgery. The final pope is supposed to be called "Peter the Roman." The apostle Peter is considered by Roman Catholics to be the first pope, and no subsequent pope has ever taken the name Peter. While I give no credence to St. Malachy's alleged prophecy, it would probably freak me out just a little if Benedict's successor were to call himself "Peter II."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Unless it is a young Peter it could all go horribly wrong very quickly

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So we are eventually to witness another failed prophecy: This one may not be named Peter, he certainly won't be the last. If he is Peter, the end won't come.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Perhaps the Papacy will Peter out.

No apologies folks, I couldn't let this one go by.

• Steve_C
  • Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Pope Peter File...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Just so it's not, "His Holiness Pope Peter Eater"

Evidently, that group/sect has been around for a long time.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit