Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Son dating a Mormon.

by jam 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

I,am flabbergasted. He said she was a liberal Mormon.

What the hell is a liberal Mormon.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

A liberal Mormon woman would believe in an open marraige, sharing her house with many other wives? Your son hit the jackpot!

Skeeter

p.s. I want to move WEst, but I am afraid my kids will marry a Mormon. So, I bad talk all religions on a regular basis adn make sure to point out the nutty ones....including Mormon underwear. You better start learning about how wierd the Mormon's are; and how he will be expected to convert and cool his relationship with non-Mormon. Actually, you better use Steve Hassan methods on her (and him). Anyhow, take him out places where he could meet other eligible ladies too.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

I never heard of a liberal Mormon.

Maybe Qcmbr could shed some light on this.

• Eustace
    Eustace

You better start learning about how wierd the Mormon's are

Weird is a word that's relative to what the average in a society is. My problem with JWs aren't that they're merely weird, like the Mormons, but that they're controlling and soul destroying to a degree unseem in any other religion even nearly the same size.

The dark side of Mormonism just doesn't compare to the dark side of Jehovah's Witnesses.

and how he will be expected to convert and cool his relationship with non-Mormon

Are you sure Mormons aren't allowed to marry non-Mormons?

Intermarriage

More than four out of five Mormons who are married or living with a partner (85%) are married to or partnered with another Mormon; 6% have a spouse or partner who is Protestant, while 3% are in a relationship with a Catholic and 5% have a partner who is religiously unaffiliated. By comparison, the Pew Forum’s 2007 U.S. Religious Landscape Survey found that 81% of Protestants are married to another Protestant and 78% of married Catholics are married to another Catholic.

http://www.pewforum.org/Christian/Mormon/mormons-in-america-family-life.aspx#intermarriage

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Mormons shun, and shun severely. Look at the ex-Mormon community. Alot like us here. Broken families.

Mormons are under alot of control. Alot like JWs.

Exiting Mormons & exiting JWs make up a very large group of people needing help from the International Cultic Studies.

Bite Model as applied to Mormons:

http://home.teleport.com/~packham/cult.htm

• jam
    jam

Sheeter: "Sharing her house with many other wives". Do

Mormon celebrate Xmas? It will cost me a fortune in gifts.LOL

Eustace: He told me she believe in Evolution, born and rasied

a Mormon.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

the good news is that she is a repressed freak. the bad news is that it is all for procreation. so, you're son will have some great daddy issue sex but the sheilds are down.hello grandpa x-6.

• jam
    jam

Fakesmile: Thanks a lot, "hello grandpa x-6". He and I

will definitely have a talk. How do you change magical

underwear on your grand child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit