Ever Caution a Former RV about JWs?

by rubadubdub 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Has anyone ever felt a strong desire to go back to one of their former "return visits" in order to warn them about TTATT? I used to call on the sweetest gentleman who was truly hurt as a child by the Catholic Church and its doctrines. Last we spoke he was still so fearful about being damned to hell. In my sincerity at the time I really tried to alleviate him of that fear. I still feel deep concern for this kind-hearted and wounded man.

I know through the one JW friend that I still have lunch with about once a month that my RVs are being followed up on by others. I did take several brothers to visit with this man through the years, but thankfully, he would never really open up to them. The C.O. told me that this man was happy just doing his own thing, and I should spend my time more wisely.

I feel a strong need to warn him to stay away from the witnesses--to ask to be put on their Do Not Call list. I am a strong believer in following my intuition.

I have little to no contact with the two local congregations (same KH) that I attended in the last 26 years in this area and want to keep it that way. I am not DF'd or DA'd-just walked away. My CoBE texted me to make sure I was safe during Hurricane Sandy as I live in a mandatory evacuation zone. That is really the only official contact in about a year, and I want to keep it that way.

I would appreciate any precautions, thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed. Thanks.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes, more than one, both were fascinated to hear that I had left, and the reasons why. Especialy when I said "It is not even a religion, it is an outright scam".

They both want to hear more , so that's two FRVs to report on my Apostareport, and two FRV's to catch up with again and inform some more.

I have also told many people who know me, who I never preached to, but knew I was aJW, that I have left and why. More anti-witnessing to report LOL

The good thing about it is they talk to others, so the word spreads.

I don't know about precautions (wear a condom?) but if you are a fader like me you may wish to ask that your thoughts are not repeated to a JW, the good people of the world are generally honourable about such a request.

There is always potentially the danger that my, or your, "anti-witnessing" may get back to the Elders, but really, what can they do on third hand hearsay that you will not be able to counter ?

Go ahead, warn your friend, save another soul.

• Emery
    Emery

Yes I have done this with all my fellow co-workers. They once tip toed around my beliefs when i was in, now they are all relieved and told me what they really thought of everthing. They are shocked at all the rules and regulations found within this organization. I still have the iPhone app for service, "My Time" and had a good 15 RVs on there. Im not sure whether I should go out of my way to warn them, but it has crossed my mind.

• label licker
    label licker

A couple who we studied with for almost two years were told. When the disfellowshipping was explained they said there was no way in hell that anyone or anything or any religion would seperate them or break that parental bond that god soooo instilled in each and every parent with their children. If they want to keep the congregation clean then it's up to the freewill which god gave us along with our conscience if ones want to associate with these ones but when it comes to family that's where they said they draw the line. When you think about it the society has no trust in their followers that they have to take away their freewill and conscience, something only god gave and only he can take away. Too many warnings and rules mean they are hiding something that they don't want you to see.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Thanks, for your thoughts, and Label Licker I really like the way your former bible students think! I wasn't about to shun my son DF'd son.

I have business where this former RV lives tomorrow, so I think I'll swing by for a chat after the morning Field Service group leaves for the day. He lives on a main road just north of the KH, and my car is a bit on the noticible side!

I haven't been at all reticent about un-witnessing, but this is my first venture back into the field so to speak. I don't think he'll rat me out.

I'll let you know how it goes if I find him and his chickens at home. Phyllis Diller (the chicken) is adorable. I kinda miss her!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

This is exactly what i want to do. i have thought about the ones i would go to. i am positive all my rv's were picked up by others since i supported the car groups virtually every day with my calls.

there was one particular woman that freaked out any time she saw witnesses on her street. i want to go to her door. apologize. then tell her to put up no trespassing signs and tell everyone she knows to do so (that cong takes the signs seriously).

i so want to warn them all to just say NO!!!

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

I am very pleased with the success of my "un-witnessing" endeavor. My former RV, Mr. B***, and I talked for over an hour. His "girls" (hens) are well, and Phyllis Diller is sassier than ever. As I expected, some of the "friends" have been by for a visit or two since I left. Mr. B*** was quite amenable to my request for a confidential conversation and has promised that he will not let on that we spoke. He will be requesting that his name be put on the "do not call list" should he receive any future JW visits. Mr. B*** also intends to share the "do not call list" option with his siblings!

I started by telling him that I had always known him to be a kind and gentle man and that I have been feeling a strong need to talk to him and explain why I was no longer visiting him as one of JWs. I expressed that when I visited him as a witness, that I sincerely thought I was helping

I shared with him my initial exposure to the witnesses when I was nine and how I was drawn in, because I desperately wanted the stable and happy family life they portrayed. I explained how the doctrines have changed, morphed and flip-flopped over the years-specifically disfellowshipping and shunning and how they destroy individuals, families and marriages, "This Generation", the blood doctrine, disapproval of higher education, the two-witness rule that protects pedophiles and the recent doctrinal change identifying the GB as the F&DS. He saw that for what it is-a true power grab. I talked about the increase in control I have experienced over the years, the US vs. Them mentality and the failed doomsday prophecies.

I also explained the cult exiting process I have had to go through over the last 18 months to clear my mind after 42 years of indoctrination. I explained the B.I.T.E. method of mind control. He understands fully that JWs are a cult. I left no doubt. Mr. B*** expressed that he was truly happy that I am free and said I am always welcome in his home. He asked what I believe now stating, with a chuckle, that his beliefs seem to change every six months. I told him that I am working from the perspective of what I feel I know to be true today from my own personal experience and am doing lots of reading to challenge my thinking. He encouraged me to take some college courses, as it is never too late.

Mission accomplished!

• Eustace
    Eustace

Awesome job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit