• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

now lets just bomb india to the ground.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

What Mamochan13 said

• Scully
    Scully

Lots of people grow up in $h!tty circumstances and don't participate in gang rape-murders.

Just because someone comes from $h!t background is no excuse to allow the $h!t to define their life. There is always a choice.

• shamus100
    shamus100

This is what happens, full-time-student, when hippies hide behind avatars. You see people like to think of themselves as polite; not being online bullies. Your thread demonstrates perfectly that people who try to show themselves as nice people often are the bullies.

How dare you quote another source that they don't agree with! They can't use their brains to ask for clarification or to have an intelligent conversation about it and blame you as the author because you posted it and, well, they just feel the need to blurt out one of the most ignorant words in the modern day language - 'retard'. I believe that this was recenly demonstrated perfectly on a CNN talk show about gun control recently.

I always read your threads and please do keep posting despite a select few who don't want to turn their brains on.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There are writers who churn out articles attempting to get one to understand the other side of the story about why Nazis would toss Jews into the ovens.

Sociopaths do have their advocates and defenders. Thanks for sharing this and reminding me of this fact.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Understanding the "other side" of a story does not mean we condone it in any way, shape or form.

Geez. Have any of you who are dumping on the OP read about Zimbardo's prison experiments? How ordinary, moral people can be coerced to do horrible things to other human beings?

This isn't the first time I've seen posters here jump on someone because they happen to add an unusual or different idea that is not the norm. Half the time people don't even read the OP before they decide to condemn it.

From what I've read, there is a horrible social/cultural attitude in India that supports this type of horrific violence against women. Many bring it with them when they emigrate - we've read plenty of news reports of fathers murdering their daughters, haven't we? So how do we address this? By closing our eyes and refusing to listen when someone tells us that extreme poverty, deprivation, caste systems, and lack of opportunity drives young men to desperate, awful acts of violence? By condeming that revelation as being sensationalist and trying to stir up controversy? It's the reality. So how do we deal with it?

PS: Kurtbethel - I don't know of anyone who advocates for sociopaths, although there is a certain fascination for a character named Dexter who fits that description.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't see "another side" to a story. There is no excuse for rape and murder. Never.

How many millions of humans live in dire poverty around the world and do NOT rape or murder.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

BOTR - there are plenty of people who have money, opportunity, and privilege who rape and murder. There is no real rationale that can actually lead to understanding, I suppose. But we keep trying to get insight. ANd that's my argument - we need all the evidence, whether we like to hear it or not.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I dont hear evidence...I hear excuses.

The world needs to stop making excuses.

I recently saw an article in the news about this...and some religous guru in India said that the woman should have pleaded with them more, and she should have appealed to their god. SHE should have handled it differently.

I don't even want to try and understand how this mans mind works. AND he is giving people spiritual advice.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Still Thinking - that's just sick.

I'm not surprised that some Indian media is suggesting that better prayers to god might have helped. Same old christian bullshit. Pray and god/jesus will fix everything. Lack faith and you are screwed.

I guess the psychologist/scientist in me wants to understand the functioning of a mind that would do something so horrible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit