Muslims going door to door?

by RR 3 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Found this on the net:

"Speaking with a British accent and dressed in traditional robes under a ragged blue overcoat, Udeen told NEWSWEEK he had converted to Islam eight years ago. “When I was a non-Muslim, the people I used to go to clubs with were all Muslims,” he says. After a trip to the local library, where he read an English translation of the Quran, Udeen’s life was transformed. “It changed my heart,” he recalled. “It just felt right inside.” After dropping out from university, Udeen got work as a Web designer and computer repairman in England. In 1996, he spent 40 days in the Northwest Frontier Province of Pakistan, preaching Islam as part of the Tablighi Jamaat, a global Muslim outreach program meant to develop ties and contacts among the faithful. “It’s like the Jehovah’s witnesses,” he says, “But you only knock on Muslim doors.”"

. http://www.msnbc.com/news/674788.asp
    Great now we have talibans going door to door.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi RR: Its no secret that Christendom has long admired the fact that JWs were able to get their members to go from door to door spreading their message. Many of them have sought to emulate that practice. They know what Russell knew and that is that the cheapest, most effective way to advertise your message is to carry it from door to door. There is a direct correlation between the growth of the WBTS and the door to door work. That this means is effective can be attested to by any Amway or Fuller Brush salesman. However, I bet they are unaware of the hoops we have to jump through for the "privilege" of engaging in this door to door work, i.e., quotas, counting time, weekly sales meetings, buying literature, etc.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like a muslim community police going around, keeping their 'brothers' (other muslims) in line.

SS

• RR
    RR

Actually Dutchie, the door to door scene was Rutherford's idea, not Russell's.

Although there were 'Pioneers' in Russell's day, they were called colportuers, these were just a handful to get the ball rolling. The majority of Bible Students, didn't go door to door, they did however share their faith with others as opportunity allowed.

Rutherford took over and had everyone hawking his books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit