jw.org video

by turtleturtle 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Not a video but ...

"After assessing their own needs and ensuring the 10 to 15 LDS families who lost homes were taken in, members of the Brooklyn New York Stake shifted their efforts outward to help the community at large, said Robert D. Shull, first counselor in the stake presidency.

"The relief effort has gone back to the roots of missionary work, with people going door to door asking people how they can best help."

- http://www.lds.org/church/news/after-hurricane-sandy-saints-give-and-receive-service

Are there any reports of JWs doiing similarly?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Unbelievable video.

1st observation from past experience: In Houston Texas after a storm a few years ago, I think Rita?, the worldwide brotherhood stepped in to fix 200-300 homes of brothers. They went through at least 3 committee's because of infighting, and the brothers and sisters continued to work on the clean up for several years. (Well the brothers stood back with a clipboard and the sisters did all the work).

Can you imagine waiting on Jehovah's celestial chariot for several years to fix your house? Especially, after you signed the paperwork to give them all the insurance money. It was years after the storm and the "friends" were still going down to work around Houston.

2nd observation: Where is the organization when you personally run into problems that don't involve removing sheetrock and insulation? In my case...family member's death and subsequent grief, business going down the tube, etc??? Well, I'll tell you where their at--They're gone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit