Conti: WTS Opening Brief Due in Appeal

by DNCall 3 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

The California State Court of Appeal has set January 7, 2013 as the deadline for Watchtower to submit its opening brief (Appellant's Brief). Watchtower may seek a continuance or extension of the deadline for more time to prepare as these are easily obtained, at least in the initial stages. On the other hand, the interest clock is ticking. After the Appellant's Brief is filed, Candace will have 30 days to file her Respondent's Brief unless a continuance is needed. After that, Watchtower will file a Reply Brief. The Court will set a date for oral argument and after that will usually take the matter under submission. Sometimes a final order can take months to be issued.

Hopefully, we'll be able to see the Watchtower's arguments in the next month or so.

The Court of Appeal does not have the online feature of downloading documents. For Barbara or anyone else who wants to obtain copies of documents, you can hire an attorney service to copy the documents and e-mail them to you. If you need help with this, you can PM me.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I would bet that the WT approach will be delay delay delay. They won't be worried about the interest $ as they think that by being underhanded and using legal delaying methods that jehovah will vindicate them.

Oz

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

All's fair in spiritual warefare.....

• mind blown
    mind blown

...WTS GB/writing dept. needs to start working on their spin to the masses when they loose the appeal......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit