Top 41 JW books (according to Amazon sales rankings, selected by me)

by cedars 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi guys

I'm doing a bit of research this evening into JW-related books, specifically the ones that are selling well on Amazon. Amazon doesn't release the actual sales figures for these books for competitive reasons, but it does give you a ranking number to give you some idea of how well the books are doing against eachother.

Here's a list (highest ranked first) of some of the best selling JW books on Amazon. You might be surprised at the order, I certainly was!

1. How to Rescue Your Loved One from the Watchtower: 2010 Edition | David A. Reed | #71,601
    2. Persecution and Resistance of Jehovah's Witnesses During the Nazi Regime: 1933-1945 | Hans Hesse | #154,872
    3. 30 Years a Watchtower Slave: The Confessions of a Converted Jehovah's Witness | William J. Schnell | #162,685
    4. Jehovah's Witnesses Defended: An Answer to Scholars and Critics, 3rd Edition | Greg Stafford | #207,777
    5. Reasoning From The Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses | Ron Rhodes | #213,015
    6. The Ten Most Important Things You Can Say to a Jehovah's Witness | Ron Rhodes | #219,665
    7. How to Answer a Jehovah's Witness | Robert A Morey | #245,876
    8. Captives of a Concept (Anatomy of an Illusion) | Don Cameron | #255,641
    9. The Facts on Jehovah's Witnesses (The Facts On Series) | John Ankerberg, John Weldon, Dillon Burroughs | #259,394
    10. Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness: Escape from the Watchtower Society | Diane Wilson | #280,559
    11. In Search of Christian Freedom | Raymond Franz | #291,007
    12. Jehovah's Witnesses Answered Verse by Verse | David A. Reed | #313,565
    13. The Ghosts From Mama's Club | Richard E. Kelly | #384,383
    14. Index of Watchtower Errors 1879 to 1989 | David A. Reed | #479,869
    15. I'm Perfect, You're Doomed: Tales From A Jehovah's Witness Upbringing | Kyria Abrahams | #489,956
    16. Judging Jehovah's Witnesses: Religious Persecution and the Dawn of the Rights Revolution | Shawn Francis Peters | #490,438
    17. Apocalypse Delayed: The Story of Jehovah's Witnesses | James Penton | #501,049
    18. Jehovah's Witnesses | Robert M Bowman Jnr, Alan W. Gomes | #506,492
    19. Growing Up in Mama's Club: Revised and Expanded Third Edition | Richard E. Kelly | #514,183
    20. The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Nazis: Persecution, Deportation, and Murder, 1933-1945 | #522,733
    21. Crisis of Conscience | Raymond Franz | #583,451
    22. Rescuing Slaves of the Watchtower: How to lead Jehovah's Witness prisoners into the light of Christ | Joe B. Hewitt | #592,292
    23. Faith On The March | A. H. Macmillan | #615,080
    24. Alarmageddon!: Growing Up Gay and Jehovah's Witness (Volume 1) | Zan Moore | #626,972
    25. Between Resistance and Martyrdom: Jehovah's Witnesses in the Third Reich | Detlef Garbe | #647,671
    26. Winning the Witnesses | Daniel Rodriguez | #655,897
    27. 20 Questions Jehovah's Witnesses Cannot Answer | Charles Love | #698,414
    28. Thus Saith Jehovah's Witnesses | Randall Watters | #702,733
    29. The Watchtower's Coming Crisis | Daniel Rodriguez | #720,804
    30. The Disfellowshipping Arrangement: A Critical Examination for Disillusioned Jehovah's Witnesses | Donal M. Copeland | #734,792
    31. Answering Jehovah's Witnesses: Subject by Subject | David A. Reed | #747,853
    32. Why You Should Believe In The Trinity: An Answer to Jehovah's Witnesses | Robert M Bowman | #767,613
    33. The Bible vs. The Watchtower (The Jehovah's Witnesses' Authority) | Chochise Pendleton | #782,348
    34. I Was Raised a Jehovah's Witness | Joe Hewitt | #835,977
    35. Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses in Love: How to Witness Effectively Without Arguing | Wilbur Lingle | #841,531
    36. Jehovah's Witnesses On Trial: The Testimony of the Early Church Fathers | Robert U. Finnerty | #864,576
    37. Charles Taze Russell: His Life and Times: The Man, the Millenium, and the Message | Frederick Zydek | #971,460
    38. I, Witness: The Shocking Insider's Story of Jehovah's Witnesses | Daniel Clark | #973,891
    39. Jehovah's Witnesses: Their Claims, Doctrinal Changes, and Prophetic Speculation. What Does the Record Show? | Edmund C. Gruss | #978,432
    40. Jehovah of the Watchtower | Walter Ralston Martin | #943,540
    41. Confessions of a Teenage Jesus Jerk | Tony DuShane | #950,051

The above list isn't exhaustive. I didn't include Watchtower publications, or books that were about Jehovah's Witnesses AND other faiths. I also haven't bothered to include books that have failed to make it into the top million in the Amazon rankings.

I'm not entirely sure how the Amazon rankings work, but as I said, it seems to be based on how well the books are actually selling. Obviously there can be any number of factors for this. For example, some of the books in the above list are actually pro-JW, or pro-Watchtower - so you can imagine that these are being snapped up by JWs who are anxious to be reassured of how wonderful their faith is.

This is what Amazon itself says about the figures...

Amazon Best Sellers Rank

The Amazon Best Sellers calculation is based on Amazon.com sales and is updated hourly to reflect recent and historical sales of every item sold on Amazon.com.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank by Category

While the Amazon Best Sellers list is a good indicator of how well a product is selling overall, it doesn't always indicate how well an item is selling among other similar items. Category and subcategory best seller lists were created to highlight an item's rank in the categories or subcategories where it really stands out.

We choose a few of the most popular subcategories in which the item has a high ranking in relation to other items in that subcategory, and showcase the item's rank on the product page. As with the main Amazon Best Sellers list, these category rankings are based on Amazon.com sales and are updated hourly.

So bear in mind when reading the above list that it may change in the next few hours' time!

Still, I found it very interesting reading nonetheless.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

I meant to include "A Girl's Guide to Homelessness" by JWN's very own Brianna Karp, which has an Amazon Best Sellers Rank of #447,561 - placing it at no. 14 in my list.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit