F&DS New Light Official JW Statement

by konceptual99 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

When David Splane in the video says:

"What does all of this really mean?

The great crowd and the anointed are all domstics. We are all domestics.

And brothers, we love this teaching - we love this idea."

Is he refering to himself and the other 6/7 of the GB as considering themselves to be domestics now as well?

And perhaps, a future 'faithful and discreet slave' will have to be defined yet?

• kepler
    kepler

00DAD:

Your observation is well worth repeating: "The essential point is this: the slave in the parable was put in charge while the master went away. That slave was identified as either "faithful" or "evil" when the master returned, but based upon his activities while the master was away.

Matthew 24:45-51:

45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to ? YOU , He will appoint him over all his belongings.

48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

--------

So according to doctrine as of now, the master returned in 1914 and appointed the slave five years later. Was the master gone again? How can that be if he returned invisibly and appoints a slave? Did he invisibly leave and then return invisibly again to appoint the slave? And then did he leave again just to place the slave in authority? How can ANYONE tell? It was certainly not in Rutherford's hands to detect the arrival in 1914. No governing board existed at that point, right? And he wasn't in charge. The foundation here is worse than sand. The claim is as substantial as Wiley Coyote's footing when he runs past the edge of a cliff.

If there wasn't a governing board and being anointed is for naught, then how could the event have been witnessed? The main proponent is a persona non grata. And he was shooting from the hip for forty years. Armageddon was supposed to be on with the recalibrated arrival.

As for Joseph Rutherford, when did he realize this selection had happened? In the mid 1920s? Did he have a governing board? Did he have any other witnesses? If so, can their testimony be separated from his?

How do you corroborate testimony about invisible events. Faithful and discreet slaves see more profound invisible goings on in the world than other mere mortals? Why is is it that the "discreet" slave toots its horn and requires more attention than any servant I can recall?

I read WatchTower statements from the 1930s and Rutherford speaks of a "wise and faithful servant class", revised to the current "faithful and discreet" form after the Olin Moyle controversy. He speaks not of governing boards. Just of Satan's organization and Armageddon coming soon.

Does the imputed slave even read to itself verses 48-50?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Actually,I always assumed that the FDS was the GB all in one. I doubt most Witnesses will care about this "new" light. They'll just say,didn't we always believe this way.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Is he refering to himself and the other 6/7 of the GB as considering themselves to be domestics now as well?

Short answer is Yes. In the video, one of them says that individually each member of the composite 'slave' is also a 'domestic'. (Like they're separate as well as one thing. Like the Trinity. No, not like that. Forget that. )

But that's not the important part. The significant part of what he says is that they supposedly "dignifying" the 'great crowd' because they are now also to be considered 'domestics'. This is to make being 'anointed' less special. This is one of several things they're doing to discourage partakers at the memorial so the number of 'anointed' should decrease like it's 'supposed' to.

Other 'teachings' intended to reduce the number of partakers:

• partakers might be mentally ill
    • no network of anointed, no input into teachings
    • only GB are the 'faithful slave', not all anointed

As a few others have already pointed out, this new 'understanding' about the 'faithful slave' is getting quite far away from what the Bible actually says. This is what happens when people write terrible, terrible fan-fiction based on what was only ever just a parable.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As expected, many of the Dubs are saying that they thought it was that way anyway. They've been out of step for years!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm betting if you shoved that under the nose of 99% of JWs they wouldnt bat an eyelid and would insist
    that that is not any sort of "new light" and is what they have been taught for the last many decades...WMF

New Light?..

OK..

WhatEver..

http://iheartjimmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/BobbleHeadJimmyGif-thumb-350x197-16057.gif

..........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Etude
    Etude

...and there they go again, using those cargo phrases:

"Logically, then, “the faithful and discreet slave” must have appeared after Christ’s presence began in
    1914."

and

"It is reasonable to conclude, then, that Jesus appointed “the faithful and discreet slave” over “his
    domestics” during his presence, “the conclusion of the system of things."

Is Fred Franz still alive?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Would someone summarize what the change is? I've gotten a bit lost being out the last few years. Thanks!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Ok, I guess not. Cheers

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You want a summary of the summary linked to in the OP?

Here goes:

The annointed are not the FDS

The FDS didn't exist before 1919 and is only the GB at Brooklyn headquarters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit