kingdom melodies (MALADIES!!) from brown songbook that sound like church hymns

by lilbluekitty 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I was looking up Christmas music and remembered that last year when we went to a Christmas mass (I am not Catholic btw) that some of the hymns sounded eerily like JW songs. Probably their songs that JWs stole the tunes of. Does anyone have any songs, esp. from the brown songbook that sounded a LOT like other "pagan" songs? I know there was one that sounded Hawaiian and one that sounded like the Looney Tunes song too but I haven't listened (nor do I want to, I'll get them in my head!!) to in awhile that sound like other songs, espescially old church songs.

I was of the brown "Sing Praises To Jerhohver" songbook so no green or pink or whatever, I never knew those.

Thanks, it would be amusing to me. :)

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

No idea what the song was but lyrics - - "Happy are all they that put there trust in him today" spring to mind. The melody to that song is very hymn like

• LV101
    LV101

The "Looney Tunes" song --- that funny. Wouldn't that be a kick if they'd copied the evil Catholic churches tunes/OMG!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Don't insult church hymns by comparing them to Kingdom songs.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I can't get those damn things outta my head. Damn you Kingdumb hell!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Oh yeah, I am sure that they cribbed The Old Rugged Torture Stake, Bringing in the Studies, and Amazing Undeserved Kindness from a hymnal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit