The horror of Neerkol, a Catholic Children's home in Queensland, Aust.

by fulltimestudent 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Officer-in-charge of Gracemere Police Station Sergeant Ben Holdcroft at the locked gates of the abandoned St Joseph's Orphanage at Neerkol in 2012.

Officer-in-charge of Gracemere Police Station Sergeant Ben Holdcroft at the locked gates of the abandoned St Joseph's Orphanage at Neerkol in 2012. Photo: Rockhampton Morning Bulletin

Link: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/full-horror-of-neerkol-orphanage-revealed-at-hearing-20150424-1ms5sa.html

Here are a few witness statements or descriptions:

A nun drags another child to the priest's quarters and tells him to be a "good boy", before the man who has supposedly committed his life to God forces him into unspeakable acts.

A stock whip wielded by a young man paints bloody stripes across a small boy's bare back while several nuns and dozens of children watch on.

Beating a boy on the genitals with a ruler while telling him his penis was "the devil".

Forcing bed-wetters to stand hungry in the dining room with their urine-soaked sheets draped over their heads while the other children ate breakfast.
    Ms Adams once confided in a relieving priest who seemed friendly. He raped her and swore her to secrecy.

The farmer he'd been sent to work for, Mr Paterson, hadn't liked the blood on the back of his pants - caused by being repeatedly raped by chaplain Father John Anderson.

"He told me I was a good worker but I couldn't go out to service until I stopped bleeding from the backside," Mr Owen testified.
    "He said that he knew Fr Anderson was abusing me but I wasn't to tell anyone, and that if I was caught bleeding I was to say that it was piles.
    "Mr Paterson and Fr Anderson were friends."

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    On balance, it was likely a good thing that the WTS never set out to operate institutions like orphanages. Bethel was probably bad enough
  • zeb
    zeb

There is such a place in west Australia. It was a farm left to the r.c. church and the idea of the giver was that orphans could learn farming life skills and the property was then to be parceled up so they had a piece each.

The brutality that came out of there was on a par as the above and the church still owns the property. It is no longer used an an orphanage.

Yes its a good thing that the wt never set out to run orphanages. From what i have read of Russels 'un-natural' marriage and then the tyranny of Rutherford the wts would have had the foundations for institutions every bit as bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit