More Pedophile Litigation - MSNBC

by NeverKnew 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

MSNBC: Boy scouts release secret child abuse files - The pain and anguish of thousands

Contained within this article:

" Media organizations had sued for the release of the files, part of a 2010 case in which a Portland, Ore., jury decided that the Scouts were negligent in allowing a former assistant Scoutmaster to associate with the organization's youth after he admitted molesting 17 boys."

Along with this statement from a victim:

"'We’ve been powerless up to now. We’ve been at the whims of a multibillion-dollar organization that … has all the money to keep us under a desk in a box. And for now, they can’t do it anymore.'"

From elder to GB, I can't imagine the anxiety one would feel while watching these events unfold.

The Boy Scouts is a congressionally chartered organization, but I'm wondering if this could prompt more suits for the release of information from other organizations.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I hope they're quaking in their boots.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

For those of us still in the Borg, I LOVE to bring items up like these in a group and say hot terrible it is for an organization like the Boy Scouts to have lists of pedofiles on record yet not report them to the police (whether required to or not).

Then say how I would not let my children be part of an organization that keeps lists of pedofiles yet doesn't warn the parents. It's deplorable!

And how the courts should force organizations with known pedophiles to make the names public.

If there is an elder in the group, he will tend to be mysteriously quiet the more you pile on the Boy Scouts (or whatever organization is in the news at the time).

Just watch the responses and smile inside.

Rub a Dub

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

You're so cruel rub a dub LOL...

• darthfader
    darthfader

RubaDub

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

OH Rub! That's HILARIOUS!

Is the possibility of a WT pedophile list known among the elders?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They know about the individual list for each KH. How could they not summize a master list at headquarters?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

What about the R&F?

Going to try and use Rub's technique but I have to tailor it to the audience. I have direct access to a few R&F.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Make them squirm RubaDub. Perhaps you will touch a nerve or even better someone's conscience to expose the pedophile problem.

Reopened Mind

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Key quote from the adult survivor interviewed.

"It really is a matter of going to the authorities and not to the system itself. The system is just going to protect itself."

Hasn't that been proven true over and over!

JWs, if there is suspected abuse, bypass 'the congregation system' and go straight to the authorities. Elders, if there is suspected abuse, don't just 'not discourage' or 'leave it as a personal decision' but strongly urge the victim/family of victim to go straight to the authorities.

Regarding the 1000s of files at WTS HQ, anyone know if they've put in a bulk order for shredders?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit