Good News - Jerry Sanduski Effectively Put Away for Life

by Yan Bibiyan 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Hot off the wire:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/09/14315772-jerry-sandusky-gets-30-to-60-years-for-child-sex-abuse?lite>1=43001

Methinks the WT shudav held off on that 10/01 BOE letter re: reporting child abuse and "we decide who is a predator".

Looks like the judge on this case had a differen opinion that PennState management who decides the "predator" status....

• sir82
    sir82

But they are protected by Jehovah!

"No weapon formed against you will succeed..." and all that.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Ye, right...but the protection didn't extend as far as Alameda County though...

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

What an awful man, I rarely wish violence upon anyone but I'm not unhappy that he will at least partly pay during his time behind bars.

Is there a link to the JWs in this case?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Is there a link to the JWs in this case?

No, no direct link. But the verdict and sentence enforce a clear message out there that child abuse and its coverup are very serious crimes that are severely punishable.

It also sets nice precedents in the US legal system for similar cases in the future...

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

They need to put him out in general population and let the wolves have at him.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    They need to put him out in general population and let the wolves have at him.

Ditto. I'm not in favor of capital punishment, but him getting offed in the yard- that's just nature running its course.

• yknot
    yknot

Rising cost to house inmates.....perhaps a death penalty would have been more prudent in his case...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit