Did you established Iesous Xristo a ritual call The Memorial?

by Jaime l de Aragon 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Jehovah's Witnesses celebrate an annual Memorial, Catholics do daily Eucharist. Did you established Iesous Xristo a ritual of these characteristics or mean something else?, As in two thousand years, first, Jehovah's Witnesses did not exist and could not celebrate Catholics second is a desecration of the "Christianity", what happened then or better than what Iesous Xristo means established?

The dinner commemorating the Redeemer, is a rite of Jehovah's Witnesses, looking technicalities and just think, if they were not so concerned as tiny technicality, they might actually encourage a genuine personal relationship with Iesous Xristo and wean of a human organization.

One teacher said her students

DO THIS IN MEMORY OF MY

When I teach the subject of "hermeneutics" (scriptural interpretation), soil insist to my students that lack of knowledge of Greek and Hebrew, is extremely important to compare translations. It is a tremendous advantage count today with a number of translations of very different characteristics.

For example, in Luke 22.19 New Spanish Bible translates: "This is my body which is given for you, do the same in memory of me." This translation brings to the fore all the ambiguity that exists in the original text. What exactly is it that sends repeat Xristo Iesous in memory of him? Is the breaking of bread or release the body for others? The New Spanish Bible seems to suggest it's the latter, possibly in parallel with Jesus' instruction in another time and place: "Take up your cross and follow me." The Greek puts touto poieƮte. Others translate "do this".

Yet the question remains: What is the "this" that sends Xristo Iesous do? Obviously, as in Paul (1 Cor. 10) there is a custom of breaking bread and wine in remembrance of Jesus. Does the fact that the immediate disciples supposed that it was instructed, perhaps deny the possibility that the other was also in the minds of Iesous Xristo?

Is it possible that at the Last Supper which was sending Xristo Iesous was imitating his example of sacrificing life itself for others? As he said "No one has greater love than this, that someone should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends" (John 15:13)

This is an intriguing possibility, full of meaning, that never occurred to me not to have read a different translation to which I usually read.

• mP
    mP

Why is passover on the spring equinox ?

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Easter is the Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox, and must be calculated using the ecclesiastical full moon, but it almost always coincides with the astronomical full moon, so for calculation purposes is generally valid to use the more traditional astronomical definition. Thus it may be as early as March 22 or as late as April 25.

Apparently, the Jews calculated from the date of the spring equinox, ie the day when there are approximately twelve hours of light and twelve of darkness. The month of Nisan began when he could be seen for the first time the new moon nearest the spring equinox. The day of Passover began fourteen days after the setting sun

So if you're in a calendar of moons that mark the date on which there will be moon nearest the spring equinox and you add 14 days, you will have the date on which Jesus died.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit