Recovery - Here is the 'Earthly Hope" in the bible

by EndofMysteries 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I personally am inconclusive about the great crowd, but I have found many scriptures that address the earthly part and they do not at all agree with what the WT teaches about it. I want your thoughts on this.

First look up Rev 20:7-9. This is AFTER the thousand years have ended and Satan is released. WT teaches that everybody was resurrected and living 1,000 years and perfect, then satan gathers gog and magog, and they surround the good people. That there is no literal camp of the holy ones. And the bad people are killed by fire from heaven. That is what is taught.

Now read the entire chapter of Ez 38 and 39 which detail what exactly happens on this gog and magog war and the REASON for it. To sum it up, Jehovah is against Gog from the land of Magog. That they would in the end go upon this land or country that was brought back and made from peoples scattered. (Israel destroyed by sword in 70 AD and brought back in 1940's, it's people brought back from scattered throughout the earth). In the final part of the days he will have gog attack them and I quote, "FOR THE PURPOSE THAT THE NATIONS MAY KNOW ME WHEN I SANCTIFY MYSELF IN YOU BEFORE THEIR EYES, O GOG." So first question here, if this gog attack is the same as in Revelation, how would the nations not know God/Jehovah?

In vs 18 to 20, it's clear this event will be for the entire world to witness and all will be in fear.

In revelation it says when this army surrounds them, fire comes down from heaven and devours them. What does Ezekiel say will happen?

Ez 38:22 - and a flooding downpour and hailstones, fire and sulphur I shall rain down upon him and upon his bands and upon the many peoples that will be with him. And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.

What happens after this? Ezekiel 39 shows how Israel will burn fires for 7 years from all the military equipment. And where they will be buried, etc.

What about all the nations, what happens to them?

Zechariah 14 also describes this same event, but also tells what happens after.

Zech 14:1 says he will gather all the nations to war against Jerusalem. His feet will stand on the mountain of olive trees and split that mountain in 2. (what's interesting is here it's saying Jehovah is doing this, but other parts of the bible say it's Jesus doing it). In vs 9 it says Jehovah will become King in vs 9. Vs 12 is the rotting away of ones flesh scourge. Vs 16 to 21 details what happens AFTER. The survivors of the nations who went against Israel must make a yearly pilgrimage to bow down to the King, Jehovah and to celebrate the festival of the booths. Any nations who don't, they will not even get rain upon their land. O and Zech 14:8 describes the living waters, the same as seen from the Revelation vision.

SO................IF...the hope is earthly, the WT isn't teaching what the bible teaches about the earthly hope.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

And I'm not saying I believe the above is actually what will happen, or that if it happens, that all is as it seems, it gets a lot deeper if you really check all the scriptures about the matter.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Your interpretation is interesting. I will have to back through and reread a few of these chapters to give an honest response.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yea, read those entire chapters and in context, you'll see they are without a doubt a future event that hasn't happened yet. And the true understanding is still a work of progress for me. I've learned much more then when I began. You won't settle this matter anytime soon, but you'll soon start learning things in the bible you never thought possible and you'll be wondering why there is never anything new at the meetings. Anyway feel free to message me directly if you want as well when you are looking up the stuff. I do not have a 100% definite answer comparing the old testament to the new testament and how one appears earthly and another heavenly. Many possibilities and reasons for it, and I am checking into all of them.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I will have to back through and reread a few of these chapters to give an honest response.

i.e. - search the WT library and copy/paste what they say about these scriptures.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Recovery - if you do what Christ Alone says, and you truly try to understand the truth of the scriptures, you'll find the society either says nothing on them, or they will take a prophecy in the OT and grab a few verses saying it does apply to today and the other verses apply to ancient times. For example scriptures speaking about the last days and such, many are now or for the future, but the parts speaking about the shepherds and elders abusing and mistreating the flock or the leaders leading his people astray only applied to ancient times. lol.

Anyway point is, make sure you read the entire chapter in the bible in context, compare it with things in Revelation, etc, and know if it's a modern event or ancient event.

Most of the prophet books in the OT were speaking about the last days, the day of Jehovah, etc, most of them are talking about our time. If you read them all, this is seperate from just the 2 things I mentioned here earlier, but if you just read the prophet books from start to finish. Pay close attention to what it speaks of Israel, also the leaders/shepherds/rulers, since we are supposed to be modern day Israel, pay close attention to what is the condition right before armageddon, then try to figure out if it's true, what could be the reasons it could be true.

• irondork
    irondork

tag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit