Were Adam and Eve created with immune systems?

by Knowsnothing 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Hey! Yeah you, apologists. God created Adam and Eve perfect, right? With the ability to live forever? The earth was perfect as well, right? Everything that would ever be needed was put into it... The WT and the Bible claim that "death will be no more" and "no more sickness, death" etc. (Revelation 21:3,4). This was the original plan. Everything was spotless, perfect. No blips in the system.

Oh, now here come Adam and Eve after the Fall. They will either get sick, or they will die of old age. So... God provisionally puts in them an immune system? Or was that immune system always there? Why would Adam and Eve need an immune system in a place where no sickness or disease existed?

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

I think a JW would respond: "Animals never were intended to live forever, and could get sick. Therefore, germs always existed, so perfect humans thus had perfect immune systems to prevent sickness and death."

I don't buy this argument, but I think many might make it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

A fascinating and telling subject on the sillyness of "Adam and Eve were made perfect to live forever".

However, as post 2 says - it will do nothing to faze a typical JW with their head up and locked.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

THAT is a very good point! A perfect earth would not have harmful microbes, they'd all be the good kind!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    A perfect earth would not have harmful microbes, they'd all be the good kind!

Nor would it have mosquitos or lice to spread the microbes.

Nor would it have self-modifying virus species to try to defeat the immune systems...and so on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit