Brazen Conduct

by EmptyInside 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Their new phrase,that I never read in the Bible.

It was used in the Watchtower study today. And an elder used marrying an unbeliever as an example of "brazen" conduct.

Does this mean they are going to start disfellowshipping those who marry unbelievers?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

ummmm, I do not know. Maybe one of our current elders can answer this question. (bookmarking)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Aren't they going to redo the NWT and put in "brazen conduct"? Maybe I misheard this.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Isn't it curious how they are sliding the phrase in without any fanfare? Regardless of its appropriateness, they seem to be letting it slip into the conversation, as it were.

Are they trying to see people's reaction first? Why not just explain that they feel "brazen conduct" is a better definition than "loose conduct"?

The way they are going about it has the feel that something is up.

• Glander
    Glander

Never heard "brazen conduct" used to discourage outside marriages. it was used more for those who walked the line of the local congregations standards. Dress, entertainment choices, etc.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

They're obviously panicking.

• braincleaned
  • hoser
    hoser

From my understanding the term brazen is used in less of a sexual way and more of an attitude. So if you tell off an elder, you may be considered brazen and df'd.

I think they want to change it not so much for sexual sins but to df apostates

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Brazen conduct is the catch all phraze. It's literally anything from not showing an elder respect to something serious. If they can't find a reason to DF you and then really want you gone...brazen conduct it is. That's a lot of power.

• hoser
    hoser

Brazen conduct is the catch all phraze. It's literally anything from not showing an elder respect to something serious. If they can't find a reason to DF you and then really want you gone...brazen conduct it is. That's a lot of power.

I believe you are correct, if they don't like you they'll find an excuse to axe you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit