Did Jesus participate in judicial committee hearings?

by I_love_Jeff 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Did Jesus condone such hearings?

• tec
    tec

Kind of goes against the whole... do not judge... doesn't it?

So no, of course not.

Peace to you,

tammy

• GLTirebiter
  • Fernando
    Fernando

From what I can tell, he sided with ordinary folk (the laity class) and was outspoken against the Pharisees (ruling religious clergy class) and their Sanhedrin (Governing Body).

He came not to judge our iniquities but to pay a ransom price to secure a legal victory over religion/ists and to release those captive to them.

(John 3:17-18) . . .For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

(Matt 23 esp v15. Also search wt lib, NWT, book of John, for the word/s expel*)

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

He was the victim of one, and was sent to his death by the committee. Things are still the same today, with the judicial committee sending people to their spiritual death.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

What? Jesus participating in judicial committee hearings? No.

Paul started that years later after his self-proclaimed enlightenment.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Now that's a funny concept! If he had, Peter would've been the first one kicked out.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Absolutely not!

Coffee

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Actually Jesus DID participate in what JWs would consider a Judicial Hearing. It is in fact the model upon which the modern JW Judicial Hearing process is based:

• saixscythe
    saixscythe

00DAD, which part of the bible are you talking about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit