Mark Sanderson NOT listed in Wikipedia's GB Page. Did I miss something?

by neverendingjourney 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Wikipedia still shows 7 members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_Body_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

Was this appointment confirmed?

• SophieG
    SophieG

WTBS could be waiting to make an offcial announcement to all congs before adding it to the wiki page?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just shows you get the news first on JWN

• sir82
    sir82

Wasn't it only just announced in late August?

At this point probably the only ones who know are Bethelites and their immediate circle of friends.

• tornapart
    tornapart

It WAS on Wikipedia, I saw it. It must have been removed recently.

• mind blown
    mind blown

respectful_observer posted:

("They announced at Morning Worship TM this morning that Mark Sanderson has been appointed to the GB.

I've never heard of him, but some here may have.

That is all.")

Wonder what the hold up is........

• cedars
    cedars

It's interesting that it was removed from the Wikipedia page.

Perhaps the appointment was a little too late for it to be announced in the Dec 15th Study Edition. It may be that something gets printed in the December public edition, which is due to be released in a few days (by the end of the month).

Cedars

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    It WAS on Wikipedia, I saw it. It must have been removed recently.

I saw it there as well. Oh well. At some point it'll make it into the publications somehow and you'll have a source you can point to. They won't be able to remove it after that.
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I just checked the edit revision page and see that issue is a hot item since September 6, with some dozen or so attempts to add the change but rejected by some editor since "something I heard at breakfast" isn't a good source.

Len

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

So was it for real? Perhaps they are rethinking his appointment? Afterall, to be an overlapper he had to be nibbling the flatbread and sipping the wine on or before his 27th birthday - a joke in most congregations in 1992. Did any other bethelites hear the announcement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit