jc meeting

by Princess Ashe 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Princess Ashe
    Princess Ashe

this has been years ago but I was remembering one of my jc meetings, they told me to sit at the very front of the hall while they all sat in the room in the back of the hall to discuss.. and I heard 1 elder yelling from all the way accross the hall. has anyone every had this happen? its so crazy now looking back at it and how stupid everything was handled.

• whathappened
    whathappened

At my JC, I was left sobbing and crying hysterically in the library while the 3 goons went into the main auditorium to "pray" and discuss about me. They came back in very short order with the standard, "We don't want to do this but we have to disfellowship you" comeback. It's really crazy and if I had to do it all over again I would not dignify them with my presence.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

True freedom in action, not like the Catholic Church and their unscriptural practice of confession.

I don’t think it is the practice of the Catholic priests to humiliate people that confess to them either, usually they are very compassionate, and don’t keep envelops with people‘s sins.

Also priests don’t chase or force people into the confessionary.

Speaking about being brazen, how about brazenly hypocritical?

• sd-7
    sd-7

In my case, when they had a break for the 3-man huddle, we were in the library and I was asked to go out, presumably to the main auditorium? I stayed in the lobby for awhile, and then snuck up to the door. They were very intensely arguing with each other, and the chairman shouted the others down with a surprising amount of anger. So it seems that the chairman probably didn't like me too much and the other two might've wanted to give me a fair chance. Perhaps my wit was a bit too sharp for the chairman to the point of offending his ego, I can't say for sure.

At the risk of self-promotion, I include my own retellings of my judicial committee from 2.5 years ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/189048/1/Borg-court-1st-session

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/189524/1/Borg-court-2nd-session

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/189607/1/Borg-court-3rd-session-verdict

Crazy, meet the new flavor, Extra-Crazy-Crispy...

--sd-7

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hrumph. When I went in after having a one-night stand to get the hell out of my JW marriage, the youngest elder did everything he could to humiliate me.

The older elders, who had watched me grow up in the KH, were more balanced, and ordered him to 'cool off'.

Unfortunately, the tight-assed self-important martinets appear to have taken over the asylum.

Along with what "What Happened" said, if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of having a couple one-night stands. I would have just gone in there and told a couple of WHOPPERS - made up a buncha S&M shyte [sado-masochism stuff], maybe thrown in a Wiccan ceremony or two - and would have described, in GREAT detail, the size of the hoo-haaaas on the various women present at the imaginary orgy...

That is my ONE regret, about the manner in which I left!!!

Hee hee hee heee!

• Scott77
    Scott77

True freedom in action, not like the Catholic Church and their unscriptural practice of confession.

I don’t think it is the practice of the Catholic priests to humiliate people that confess to them either, usually they are very compassionate, and don’t keep envelops with people‘s sins.

Also priests don’t chase or force people into the confessionary.

apostatethunder

I grew up in a catholic family. I know what you mean. These priests are there for you and to make things better for you as needed.

Scott77

• perfect1
    perfect1

Cheers Zid!

Maybe next time.

(Just kidding)

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Cheers Zid!
    Maybe next time.
    (Just kidding)
    ..." Perfect1, above

That missed opportunity is the ONLY thing that might drive me back into "Mother's" arms...!!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I was lucky enough to have read the "Flock" book prior to my judicial hearing. I knew what they needed to hear and I played them. I got off with a slap on the wrist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit