Being Df'd and the witness reaction.

by Momma-Tossed-Me 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I have to say only one maybe two refuse to wave or speak. Most will wave and and at least say a greeting when they see me. Today I waved at a a couple in the hardware store parking lot and they graciously waved back. I love it! Tells me a lot about the thoughts of current dubs.

Also my story of the exit from the Watchtower resonates with people. They are fascinated by it. From regular folks to professionals to professors, they love to hear it but find it disturbing these kind of people are within their midst.

I have been coming here for awhile and posting. I have not been involved with the group in a one-on-one apostafest kind of way but some of us are behind the eight ball because of the Watchtower. We don't have the time or resources to come and be with the in crowd on JWD. But we are out here fighting the good fight. It is really nothing different from what I have experienced my whole life being on the outside looking in.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

MTM

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Glad to hear some of the witnesses can be civil. I have run into all kinds since my DF'ing. Some will cross the street to avoid even eye contact with me, others still want to be friends on Facebook and have lunch now then.

Have you posted your exit story here? I would love to read it.

• Diest
    Diest

I dont view anyone as being on the outside. I have enjoyed your posts even if I have not always told you so.

I love that you take away their power by waving first.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I have not posted the whole thing. I tend to write a tremendous amount but have only verbally told my story of exit from the org. I love to read current experiences from all of the new and old poster on JWN. Interactions with in dubs are my favorite second only to new problems for the Watchtower corporation.

Perhaps when I am out of college and in my career of choice I will write the story of my exit and post it on here. The moral is take life by the horns, no one is going to do it for you. You are responsible for the direction life takes you not someone else or the government or even God. You have free will will that is certain.

• flipper
    flipper

MOMMA TOSSED ME- Good thread. Thanks for sharing. I've been inactive and out for 9 years now- and when I work in the area I used to attend meetings - I still get JW's who will shun me or avoid eye contact. One JW lady who works as a checkout clerk in a grocery store acts like it's killing her to check my items out at the checkstand. I'm still civil and polite and wish her a nice day anyway. Even my two JW daughters shun me even though I'm considered just inactive.

Some JW's will acknowledge me- however since I won my appeal of my disfellowshipping back in 2007 ( it was overturned ) I think some JW's know I won my appeal and so they shun me anyway for daring to fight the elders and WT society. I guess they expected us to lie down like lambs or something! LOL ! Not this boy - nope ! I'm glad that people will acknowledge you, it makes it somewhat easier and less stressful. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Hi MTM, I read your site you posted the other day. I am extremly proud of you for pursuing political career. You are running for the City council? You are the first ex-JW politician I know of. You have such a lovely family as well. Looking at your happy and well adjusted family photo almost made me cry. I could only pictured what you and your family might had gone through, but you've come out so proudly. I wish more ex-JWs follow your footstep.

You are out there fighting the good fight. Your former associates can only dream your conviction. Do you really care their reaction? I sure don't. Fortunately, JWs are out of my sight, by their choice but mine.

Congratulations!!

( I didn't save your sites. What was it again?)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Address them by their first names, and smile. It totally throws them off.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

flipper, blind, & lwt,

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. I have really tried to fill my life with good things so that the JW's can see that a wonderful life can be had outside of the Watchtower. Typically people slink away, and that is OK, but that just leaves the Tower to fill in the blanks about those folks. What do you imagine they are saying? Well as the Watchtower & Awake put it they are just suffering and leading a horrible immoral lifestyle.
    Leaving the Org is not the end only the beginning. It really bothers me that those who are Ex's with a national spot light don't do more within the Ex-community. They don't have to do appearances and let this subject dominate the conversation in public forums but they could make it a point to elaborate on it when appropriate in a civil manner that is not in your face. I am trying to do that as much as I can to small groups, individuals, preachers, professors, students, etc. I don't shy away from it. It should be a loving warning to our fellow humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit