What's the biggest flub-up you've ever had?

by terafera 5 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

When I was 10, the Memorial was coming up and we had to pass out little pamphlets inviting people to it. I was nervous, but at my mother's prodding, walked up to the next house. A man was under his car working and I nervously approached him. I was supposed to say:

~Hello there, we would like to invite you to a public meeting to commemorate our Savior's death. It will be on Tuesday at 9pm. (then read a scripture)~

Stammering, I walk up to him and say,

'Hello there, I came here to invite you to a private meeting we're having to comedian the Saver's dying. Come meet me at Tuesday 9pm.'

The guy dropped his wrench and sat up, looking at me. My mother cracked up laughing and then stepped in for me. I wanted to die!!!!!

What mistakes have you made?

• BQE
    BQE

I remember one time I knocked on this door and a woman came out, kind of knowing what I was doing there. She started speaking to me in a very "spirited" manner--apparently she was Pentecostal--and I kept trying to reply to what she was saying, but I ended up saying "halelujah, sister!" really loud without even thinking about it. Needless to say the two other witnesses that were with me nearly fainted they were so freaked out. When my father heard about that he nearly killed me!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

BQE, you were overcome by the SPIRIT OF THE LORD!!!

Praise JeeeesUsssss!

La ba thea teda baatha belub toomas cafassa

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

terafera......
    I wish I could remember that far back. My mom use to on occasion try to get me to be less shy. I was real!! bad about being shy. So she would spring it on me to just go up to the door on my own and she would stand back at the end of the driveway and watch from a distance. I know I probably did a lot that would be embarrasing but there's no one to tell me about it.

BQE LMAO That is so cute and funny I could see my youngest kid doing something just like that. PRICELESS!
    Sorry you got in trouble for it. Bum deal.

plmkrzy

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx
  • belbab
    belbab

One time I was doing door to door in Montreal before the book study, cold outside and dark, so I was doing doors in a rooming house. If you made too much noise going door to door in a rooming house, the landlord would come and kick you out. So I would only do doors where I saw a light under the door. I saw one light and knocked and then knocked again. Then a voice said from inside. This is the bathroom. I snuck out there in a hurry.

belbab

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

My ex said the word "Orgasm" instead of "Organism" at the bookstudy one night...it was the blue "Creation" book. No one laughed but me.

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit