He will not hand him a serpent, will he?

by tootired2care 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

One of the things Jesus related on his famous sermon on the mount, is that if a son asks his father for bread he would not be given a serpent.

. . .“Keep on asking, and it will be given YOU; keep on seeking, and YOU will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to YOU. 8 For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened. 9 Indeed, who is the man among YOU whom his son asks for bread—he will not hand him a stone, will he? 10 Or, perhaps, he will ask for a fish—he will not hand him a serpent, will he? 11 Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will YOUR Father who is in the heavens give good things to those asking him? (MT 7:7-11)

After reflecting on my own life experiences and my family and friends. I now see how this could not be farther from the truth. The Watchtower Corp has certainly proven to have been a gift wrapped serpent, as have many other Christian based religions have too, and don't get me started on Islam. The religious state of this world can best be described as a maelstrom of confusion and entropy.

What is your take on this? Is the fact that the world is in such confusion about Christianity, let alone other religions further suggestion that all of these platitutes that we find in the bible, and other "holy books" like this, just further proof that they cannot be trusted or vice versa. In other words if god were real why would he permit such confusion rather than just making it plain as to which is the path to serve him?

discuss.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Ok, I have recently been thinking about this scripture also. The Watchtoer Society is always saying we have to "wait on Jehovah" and admonishes us not to run ahead...allow Jehovah to make the adjustments, etc, ect.

According to the scripture you just quoted, this makes Jehovah a bad father. Those who are staying in the org who acknowledge that there are serious problems are asking their heavenly father for bread and he has handed them rocks and snakes.

• Glander
    Glander

One of my favorites scriptures. It was included in my wifes DA letter to the BOE in 1984. The Watchtower had just been published where they forgave themselves for crying wolf, saying that this kept the flock on the watch. I have the study article around here somewhere but i don't feel like digging it up right now.

Thanks for the refresher.

Ask for bread -get a stone

ask for a fish - get a serpent.

• Bella15
    Bella15

The answer is in: Hebrews 1: 1-2

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

God DOES NOT speak through "religion" anymore or any cultish NON PROFIT CORPORATIONS so to say, we have the SON now and HE IS OUR MEDIATOR ... HE IS THE BODY ... if you really really really read the bible with the intention of really really really getting to know God, He will hand you bread, The Living Bread - JESUS, my Lord and Savior ... this is something the Holy Spirit will help realize way deep inside your spirit. No one can do it for you, only the Father ...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You get what Jehovah thinks will do you the maximum damage. That way, you can't outsmart Jehovah and ask for a stone when you want bread, or ask for a scorpion instead of the egg, or a serpent instead of a fish. Sometimes Jehovah will try to out-wait you, expecting you to praise him without getting anything. Other times, he will actually stop Satan and His Demons (or your own effort) from paying off, taking away from you the bread, fish, or egg that the Demons gave you and giving you nothing, a stone, a serpent, or a scorpion instead.

Perhaps 10 or so times in his career, Jehovah managed to get it right. This was for the sole purpose of boasting about it in the LIE-ble, so he could refer to these rare incidents so, when you get the wrong item or nothing, you still praise Jehovah for the rare time he got it right. It also scams people into thinking he will probably get it right, scamming them out of psychic energy and often money as well.

Well, Jehovah, since you claim to be infallible, three strikes and you are OUT. No waiting, no excuses, and if I get something of inferior quality, it is a strike. You claim to know what I want before I ask--let's see the actual proof and not just a few stock examples in some LIE-ble. Otherwise, watch and see how many others you will simply drive right straight to Father Satan.

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

We have evidence on tape that the WTBTS gives serpants to their jw-children, just watch the Sparlock video.....

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Luke 11:13 clarifies it further, he is speaking on being given holy spirit to those asking him. James 1:5-8 also backs that up. So according to the bible, to get understanding and real spiritual food it would come from him, humans may help but at some point grabbing the solid food is reading it and understanding it and learning from God, not being 100% reliant on other humans to tell you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit