Why do 7 million + people keep excusing ,rationalising , justifying ,failed expectations of prophecy`s these past 130 + years of Jehovah`s Witnesses non events

by smiddy 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

How many times can you excuse failed expectations

How many times can you justify altering interpretations of scripture

How many times can you rationalise "new light"

How many times can you "spin" your doctrines

How many times are these things going to occur before a Jehovah`s Witness wakes up to this sham of a religion

smiddy

• afreeman
    afreeman

How many times can you excuse failed expectations

The vast majority of Witnesses remain ignorant of these predictions. The very few of them who do know about them just swipe them under the rug with the aid of Proverbs 4:18.

How many times can you justify altering interpretations of scripture

How many times can you rationalise "new light"

How many times can you "spin" your doctrines

How many times are these things going to occur before a Jehovah`s Witness wakes up to this sham of a religion

• life is to short
    life is to short

I truly wish I knew It is so frustrating living with someone who gives their life it it.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

What if they aren't rationalizing at all? What if most are simply so convinced of having the only truth and being in the only true religion that they don't need to rationalize. After all, the leadership is made up of imperfect men, but it's still God's Organization. Repeat it often enough and it becomes "truth". And most don't even know about all the failed predictions in the past. Even 1975 is forgotten about.

It's the internal override circuit board.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

It's fascinating to know that so many are still in it.

The social pressure to stay in quite powerful. The socially weak and cowardly ones are virtually chained to the organization. There is no escape for them - even if they know it's all nonsense. Others are trapped for other reasons that they can't overcome and so must stay in and live a lie. I had to do this myself for a while after my awakening, but fortunately it all turned out well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit