How the heat changed it all

by MrFreeze 2 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It was quite a heatwave here in Pittsburgh in the year 1988. One sunday afternoon two men dressed in full suits walked up to my mom's house. She was outside with her children playing in a small plastic pool in the front yard, trying to beat the 100+ degree heat. She felt bad for these men so she invited them in for a drink to get out of the heat. One thing leads to another and in 1989 my mom was baptised right around my 1st birthday. All thanks to that stupid heatwave.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

lol that's a bummer.

my mom stdied for a bit when i was first born, quit and we moved in with her bf at the time when i was 5.

unfortunately...one day she went to take out the garbage and a pioneer was JUST about to pass by our door as she thought our apartment was empty and it all went to hell from there.

i totally feel your pain. satan is real and he does the pioneer walk

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I read the thread title and thought of moxie's 'The day that changed everything'. it's at jwrecovery. But yeah, you do wish it had been a vacum cleaner salesman, or someone like that instead of the JW's. At worst your mum would have ended up with a crap household appliance...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit