How you can get into the Governing Body!

by gutted 9 Replies latest jw friends

• gutted
    gutted

I just had a realization looking at a website about the Governing Body...

In order to get there you no doubt have to have long service to the borg, but more importantly you have to be so deluded and out of touch that you think you're actually going to heaven! These guys are so brain washed they believe everything so dearly that they ACTUALLY think they are of the anointed. No wonder they make such terrible decisions and policies, these guys are loons.

• sir82
    sir82

I sometimes wonder if there are people who actually set that as a career path.

If you're willing to take some guff in your early years of partaking, and keep your nose clean and manage to get promoted to CO as a partaker, you can probably set yourself up to get on the GB within a decade or 2.

Somewhere out there, there may well be a 25 or 30 year old dude with this exact idea. "I'll start partaking now, and be on the GB by age 50".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't remember details, but I am pretty sure this is correct: There were some out-of-touch JW career men who believed everything and moved so far up the kiss-ass ladder, until they got noticed and the GB had someone approach them to convince them they may be annointed.

Ted Jaracz loaded the GB with his yes-men. The members will pay the price now that they don't have many ideas and don't have the balls to go against whatever the lawyers think is the way to go.

They have got to get newbies in there pretty soon.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I dont think the guys on the governing body were plotting to get in since they were young.

As far as I can tell there was no governing body before 1976.

Knorr ran the show during my time in the organization.

• JRK
    JRK

The reason that they are not adding new members to the GB is that they like the way the 2/3's majority is now, and don't want their boat rocked. They are yes men with no ideas, and running scared. I think the reason that the magazines are getting cut down in size is because THEY HAVE NO NEW IDEAS!

JK

• St George of England
    St George of England
    As far as I can tell there was no governing body before 1976.

The GB as we know it today started at the AGM on 1 October 1971. It then became separate from the Board of Directors. The WT of December 15, 1971 carried a full account of this move. There were further changes in 2000.

There have never been so few members on the GB, at one time there were 17 members. They really have no intension of sharing their power with any 'Johnny come lately's'

George

• sir82
    sir82
    I dont think the guys on the governing body were plotting to get in since they were young.

Perhaps none of the current 7 members were "plotting", but I'd bet there's at least a few young folks around today who are ambitious and/or cynical enough to try it.

Knorr died 35 years ago. The current crop of GBers were scarcely more than pioneers or ministerial servants when he was aorund.

• jam
    jam

By paying close attention to the mistltoe hanging

on their back side, and do what comes natural.

• blondie
    blondie

I'd have to have a secret sex change operation...but then I've been told that the GB has no balls.

But then according to the WTS anointed female jws who die faithful will be resurrected to be co-rulers with Christ in heaven. Oh, that's right the WTS teaches that even the GB have to die first for that to happen, be rulers. They are not rulers or kings now on earth...officially at least.

*** w08 1/15 p. 22 par. 12 Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom ***

First-century Christians were declared righteous and anointed with holy spirit for the purpose of enabling them to receive their heavenly inheritance. Their anointing did not elevate them to kingship over fellow anointed Christians while still on earth. Evidently, some early Christians lost sight of that fact and began seeking undue prominence among their brothers in the congregation. As a result, Paul was moved to ask: “You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings.” (1 Cor. 4:8)

*** w94 1/15 pp. 17-18 par. 10 Shepherds and Sheep in a Theocracy ***

About the year 55 C.E., the apostle Paul wrote his first letter to the congregation in Corinth. One of the problems he handled had to do with certain men wanting to be prominent in the congregation. Paul wrote: “You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings.” (1 Corinthians 4:8) In the first century C.E., all Christians had the hope of ruling as heavenly kings and priests with Jesus. (Revelation 20:4, 6) Evidently, though, some in Corinth forgot that on earth there are no kings in the Christian theocracy. Rather than act like kings of this world, Christian shepherds cultivate humility, a quality that pleases Jehovah.—Psalm 138:6; Luke 22:25-27.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Join here!

Watchtower Governing body applications accepted here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit