What part of the house is yours?

by rhett 4 Replies latest jw friends

• rhett
    rhett

Some comments on another thread got me thinking, are the certain areas of your house that are pretty much yours and not your spouses? I know some guys talk about how they love their garages and I know some women really love their bathrooms or kitchens, what about you? Also, what have you got there that you don't really want to be disturbed very much?
    Personally, I have one area of the living room that my wife ventures into when she wants to go on the internet but other than that stays away from. I've also got all my entertainment equipment (2 TV's, DVD, CD, VCR, computer, Playstation, house lighting control, printers)and rock collection (almost 140 different meteorites right now including some incredibly rare ones that you basically have to trade with museums to get as well as various fossils that I've bought and dug up myself) as well as a few books. My wife can do whatever she wants to through out the entire house just as long as I have my part of the living room to do as I wish with. In all honesty, she likes it like this because I don't complain when she wants to do stuff anywhere else in the house (actually, I'm quite supportive) and all my "toys" are kept in one area so it just works out well for us.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Mine is the far left corner of my bed....the rest belongs to my cat. Sigh, weird cat lady here!!!!!

You've been a BAD boy, go to MY room

• ladonna
    ladonna

Violet,

Have you got my Fred at your house? ?

Ana

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

No, but I'd luv him to curl up in my lap......can we share Ana.....

• Scully
    Scully

That's been a bit of an issue for me for quite some time, especially since having kids. I have almost no private space, except for this desk and computer. The computer is password protected to the max, so that I'm the only one who can use it.

My husband has the garage where he has his workshop. He also has his office in the basement, which is a separate room with a lock on the door. When we bought this house, I wanted a small space that was just "mine", even the ensuite bathroom, where I could have a little place of refuge. I didn't even get that.

How do you get your children to respect your privacy?? I keep my makeup and toiletries in the ensuite bathroom, but my daughters still sneak in there and get makeup all over the place. The youngest (8½ yrs old) is a climber and gets to things that I put on the top shelves in the closet. I know whenever she's been in my bathroom - she'll show up with lipstick on and I'll find her hand prints up high on the mirror where she's climbed up on the vanity. Of course, she denies it vehemently..... and I get so frustrated with her.....

Any suggestions on how you get kids to respect your privacy and leave your things alone that they should not be getting at?? PS, I respect her personal things already....

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit