2 years and 380 abuse, a judicial committe, a repentant "brother"

by chasson 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• chasson
    chasson

If you can read french, the last story in France concerning a sexual abuse of a young girl of 10 years during the year 2000 to 2002 by a JW. The judicial committee of the "brother" has found him repentant, even if he has abused her nearly 380 times. It seems that they have never told it to the police because the victim has taken ten years to make it by herself:

http://www.courrier-picard.fr/courrier/Actualites/Info-locale/Saint-Quentin-Chauny/Le-tonton-ideal-s-estime-inexcusable

• finally awake
    finally awake

I think this is one of those times I'm glad I can't read French, because I think it would make me sick. The evils that are allowed to pass are just too much to bear sometimes.

• Scully
    Scully

Google translation, though not perfect, gives the gist of the story:

The ideal is considered inexcusable tonton

The foundations of the Aisne, the ideal uncle recognizes he had "no excuse" for violating his 10-year-old niece from 2000 to 2002 in a small town of Laon.

Very surrounded by his family, the victim of his actions (the number of 380 penetrations by magistrate), hard to hold back her sobs. She was silent for nearly ten years for fear of family tensions. His family increasing stories of attention and affection to her and trying to erase his nightmares.

Their misunderstanding is total. "I had such confidence in my sister and my brother. They were Jehovah's Witnesses, it was a guarantee of morality," says the mother of the young woman.

She feels guilty, "when I nursed my daughter for what the doctor thought was constipation, I did not ask the right questions."

The wife of the accused is appalled: "I was very attached to my niece. I feel for betraying his people." She does not like that one evokes the Jehovah's Witnesses, which she joined the movement in the 1970s.

Her husband followed her, as he has done many things he could not say no. Certainly, it passed a judicial committee of the movement and was punished for his behavior, losing some "privileges" as to intervene and ask questions.

But it has not been excluded. "It was enough to repent," he says. Treatment is not given to women who can not be ministers or perform administrative tasks.

"They are far from being equal to men," commented Mr. Antonini, lawyer of the plaintiff. In the box, the nearly sixty years old made his acts of contrition as if he wanted to finish, as soon as possible, with his trial and be alone with his conscience.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit