What do you think?

by rip van winkle 9 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Have we denied Jesus by our non-participation of the bread and wine at the Memorial?

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

yeap

• AGuest
    AGuest

You decide, dear Rip (peace to you!):

I am the bread of life. Y OUR forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”

"Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” Accordingly [Jesus] said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU , Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.”

John 6:48-58

May you... and anyone else who wishes... have ears to hear and get the sense of these words. May you also be granted ears to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... the holy spirit of God... which 'water' is poured out from the innermost part of the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Chosen/Anointed One of JAH ("Messiah")... and is represented by the blood of that One, His Son and Christ... FREE!"

Again, peace to you!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I feel bad for those who still believe in all these fairy tales... you leave one religion for another? For what? Do like me and just buy your bread and wine and forget Jesus, for Christ's sake! Cheers!

• Fernando
    Fernando

From where I now sit it looks like a very public ritual to reject and shame Jesus, and promote ignorance of the spiritual realities being symbolised by what was an actual meal with the food of the day where all present ate, drank, participated and understood.

The physical symbolises the spiritual.

If we do not breathe for around 3 minutes we die.

If we do not drink for around 3 days we die.

If we do not eat for around 3 months we die.

It is this subtle and covert hostility of the Watchtower toward Jesus and genuine discipleship that underpins their spiritual blindness and all the dysfunction that flows therefrom (including paedophilia).

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Yup. The Witnesses really aren't Christians, because they don't partake. Whoever or whatever Jesus was, he did say 'keep doing this'. Very simple ritual that can have many different meanings depending on personal beliefs; but the Witnesses fail. Watchtower's belief in two classes and their interpretation of the 'other sheep' doesn't stand up to scrutiny- the ceremony is meant for everybody.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Amen... and amen, dear Fernando and Trans. Peace to you, both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Miles3
    Miles3

What I think we have denied all those years is the cheese.

You slave in commiseration and self pity,

Peace off,

Miles

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Suppose that in contrast with the rest attending you partook. Would it make any difference? Do you think Jesus would approve of such a parody?

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Van Winkle, you are in a cult. What exactly keeps you in? Is it worthy?

My bet is not.

I totally agree with Fernando and transhuman, they are not true Christians.

Try not to get too hang up with 607 or any other particular issue, the whole thing is just a scam. They are trapped in, you don’t need to be, weave them good-bye and don’t walk, run.

You are a free human being, enjoy the gift of life that was given to you, and never let anyone else manipulate you or control you like this cult has done.

Seek outside support from non-believing relatives and worldly friends, and just send these hypocrites to hell. There are many other churches you can join where you can do meaningful voluntary work that actually makes a difference in your community.

Many have been in your place before, you are not alone. Surround yourself by well balanced, supportive and positive people and make yourself happy from now on.

Avoid ass****s in the future.

All the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit