The parental talk...

by Sappho G. 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Sappho G.
    Sappho G.

So, I've been out for about four years, and I don't give a damn about comming back. My parents moved back to the area where I live and I was asked by my father to help move some stuff. We had an awkward breakfast after I told him that I was now enrolled at an Ivy league school and of course I got that annoying glazzed look and the even more annoying why. At which I responded I was sick of working shitty jobs and pretending to be happy. A few seconds passed before I got the whole damnation speech about loosing my life and not getting any sucess, which is probable what I needed to really focus on my studies and prove this F'ing organization wrong. It was amazing, though, because I knew exactly what he was going to say. EXACTLY! I had to hold back from laughing.

Meanwhile, a relative is in the hospital dying because of surgery and of course no blood. Right now, I really hate this orginazation. I totally believe in God. I even beleive his name is Jehovah, due to the overwhelming historical documents, but I cannot and will not believe in anything that comes from these men any more.

A lot of people say they want to write books about their traumatic lives in this organization, but what I'm discoving is this. You cannot hit a huge institution like this head on. You will fail, but if you use the art of storytelling masterfully you'll be able to get across ideas and points subtly. Learn writing and storytelling and aply technics that writers have been using over the years to tell your story. There was a story of a guy who committed suicide, which promted the father to write a book about the son's life and the organization. However, it was horrible because it was filled with emotion, hatred and pinned up anger, so for those who want to do something like that, don't. Take up some creative writing courses at a Community college, learn thei art, detach your anger and emotions and fictionalize the story, but layer it with metaphors and imagery.

Anyway, that's my rant until next year...Sappho G.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Rant all you want, and welcome!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good for you for taking your life into your hands and doing something about it!

Don't worry too much about your Dad. He'll be thanking you for getting that degree when you're able to put him into a comfortable home in his later years, rather than sticking him in some below-par nursing home.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome to JWN Sappho G.

We'd love to hear more of your story and hear your views.

Yup, JWN is a mixed bag. At least you should find some here that you could identify with, and possibly make some good friends along the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit