Who The Heck Is Sparlock?

by minimus 9 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I must admit, I have no idea who Sparlock is. Can someone explain what the fuss is all about?

Thank you.

• TheClarinetist
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

Minimus,

What rock have you been hiding under?

The short answer is Sparlock is a fictional "warrior wizard" character created by the WTBTS for their new video series ^^^^^^ directed at indoctrinating small children into the JW belief system and mindset. Appropriately, the video is title, "Listen, Obey and Be Blessed." Sparlock makes his debut in the second segment entitled "Lesson 2 - Obey Jehovah". - [Emphasis added in case you are obtuse, which I know you are not.]

Two suggestions:

1. Do a SEARCH on JWN and look what you get
    2. Google "sparlock", ignore the websites not related to JWs and look what you get

You need to get out more!

00DAD

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I could be wrong, but I think that was sarcasm directed toward the high level of Sparlock exposure on this forum.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It shows that Minimus is only concerned with asking his own questions and doesn't care about anyone elses!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ah crap does this mean I have to turn the volume up and actually listen to it to figure out who or what Sparlock is?

• minimus
    minimus

OK, I finally saw the video. OMG!!!!

I thought Sparlock was a poster.

I already sent a video out to some exjws.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The video is sick! The kid was just having fun with a harmless plastic toy and exercising his imagination. Kids play with dragons, talking animals and cartoon characters. The manipulative way in which his mother pressured him in to believing that his purpose in life was to please her imaginary Jehovah is shameful.

Did it not occur to the Watchtower Society, that talk of Jehovah and Satan is magical belief. Interestingly the mother and son in the video were also imaginary plastic toys, magical talking and appearing to be humans. The Watchtower Society should be kept away from children.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Kids play with dragons, talking animals and cartoon characters

Perhaps the WT's sequel will warn kiddies of the danger of watching cartoons/playing with 'talking animal' toys. It's an easy link to the 'talking serpent' - and we all know what happened to him, and those who listened to him. Come on WT, you can really steal ALL of childhood with a little more effort.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I hadn't been checking this board regularly, and so did NOT know about Sparlock! Wow. Awesomely awful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit