WT gets honest in Russia! Printing and Ministry are "core economic activities"

by snare&racket 6 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

WT eventually admit their purpose and motive in printing junk..... Russia however doesnt buy it !

"Earlier, the claimants [Watchtower] stated that the watchdog's orders were unlawful, as publishing and distributing media are its core economic activities. Thus, it said its rights had been violated."

"The court then decided that the plaintiffs' publishing and distribution activitieswere not of a business nature, and thus its rights could not have been violated as a result of the orders.

What a cheek, they just dont care.... they will OPENLY announce their motives because thats how greedy they are!

http://rapsinews.com/judicial_news/20120522/263233138.html

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Printing is the core ECONOMIC activity. We all know that the economic activity is a distant second to the Kingdom activity.

• processor
    processor

so ... WTS says their activities are "business", court says they are not business but religion, and WTS appeals against that ;)

Anyway, the decision has been upheld now - the magazines remain banned:

http://rapsinews.com/judicial_news/20120529/263291085.html

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

when it suits...''we are a business not a religion''.

when it suits...''we are a religion not a business''.

oz

they make bold claims when they figure the rank and file wont read or believe the media reports.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is this similar to their stand in Mexico many years ago ? I dont mean to highjack this thread or any thing ,but I just thought this was similar to their claim that they were a cultural organization and not a religous organization in Mexico many years ago.At the time only the Catholic church could own land ,no other religous institution could legally do so ,so what did the WTB&TS do? they registered as a cultural organization to get around this law. I`m a bit rusty on this so if anybody out their can expand on it I would be most grateful,if not this thread then a new thread

smiddy

• mP
    mP

Most religions are relatively honest to everyone but their own congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit