New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am disgusted at the blatant mind control used and saddened at how manipulative they are forcing parents to be towards their very small children.

Who uses words like this very odd Mother and as for the Father he is just as unrealistic.

There was a similar video produced by David Koresh's cult which had a little jingle about children being obedient. It is scary how similar these two cults are becoming.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Now I feel like I've glimpsed into the eyes of the REAL Watch Tower Society, kind of a "Sauron moment"

Thats why jehover tells you not to like the magic!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am so grateful my children are spared this nonsense.

Have you got access to that video? A comparison of the two videos might be revealing.

• Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

Until I watched on You Tube I thought that this thread was a p*sstake.

"Making Jehovah sad" WTF, how about "Making Jehovah mad"

Can't wait for the re-scripted versions on You Tube.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I didn't know Antonio Banderas worked in the vid dept. Really though, these parents are portrayed as assholes in my opinion. And if dad is being so nitpicky, he didn't put the book back into it's place. Now his wife will have to clean up after him. How is THAT teaching Caleb to help mommy out?

Throwing out that toy reminded me of tossing my beloved cross necklace and a religious clock I received from my sister, all to please Jehovah. I can't imagine the guilt trip these kids will endure, as well as the freedom to do NOTHING!

This vid does seem like a freaking joke, but unfortunately it is very real..and very sad.

Can't help but think this is a subliminal message for the adults to obey Jehovah..er the WTBTS/GB at all costs, lest Jehovah destroy their asses too. You BETTER have your kids obey US or both them AND you will be destroyed..GOT IT!?

SICKENING AND DESTRUCTIVE

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Amelia Ashton,

Yes who uses words like that? its Watchtower speak you have heard it many many times the words and the way of expressing them are found all the time in the Watchtower.

They will be bringing in a cartoon childrens version of the Watchtower soon exclusively on line.

It will go something like ; Now then children are you being good representatives of Jehovah's Organisation and sitting quietly and still ? if so Jehovah will be very pleased with you. We are going to ask a few questions , first look at the illustration on the screen , can you see all those dead people on the ground and can anyone put their hand up and say why all those milllions and millions of people on earth have been justly killed was it done by a very wicked person or did Jehovah do it ?

Who would like to volunteer to help Mummy and Daddy clear up all that rubbish left on the earth lets see a show of hands from all those who love Jehovah and his earthly organisation.

• mindseye
    mindseye

LOL! WTF??? I thought this was a joke when I first saw it. They're becoming a caricature of themselves.

• agonus
    agonus

Notice how the mother childishly mispronounces "Satan" just like a little Witness kid would - "Say'un", dropping the "t". The WT's own propaganda paints its own adherents as rubes.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I like the quality of the animation - even if it is some years behind. It'll draw the little, impressionable dubbies' attention, I think.

It is HUGELY manipulative and completely unrealistic (based on those two excerpts). He's 4 (or whatever). Of course he's going to forget what his mother said about the newly cleaned floor - it's not calculated disobedience, for heaven's sake! But this is one of the set-ups for the grand lesson.

Black and white thinking - yes. Triggers - absolutely.

And I also noticed the change of clothes. Skinny leggings while cleaning and in the (warning: mild peril) dream sequence. Flowery blouse and frumpy A-line meeting skirt for the Family Worship scenes.

Other deep-seated unease I cannot yet articulate ...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Notice how the mother childishly mispronounces "Satan" just like a little Witness kid would - "Say'un", dropping the "t". The WT's own propaganda paints its own adherents as rubes.

Yes! I noticed that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit