Depression...

by Snoozy 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Few realize that their depression may be caused by something other than what they think it is..
    Some suggestions:

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/depression/photos/12-surprising-causes-depression#0

There are many well-known depression triggers: Trauma, grief, financial troubles, and unemployment are just a few. But if you are depressed and none of these apply to you, it can be hard to pinpoint a specific cause.

In truth, there may not be a concrete reason for your depression. But here are some little-known causes to consider.

Also, ways you can help someone that is depressed:

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/thumbnails/0,,20452135,00.html

This was surprising to me but made sense: RE Facebook and other chat rooms etc..

Spending too much time in chat rooms and on social-networking sites? A number of studies now suggest that this can be associated with depression, particularly in teens and preteens. Internet addicts may struggle with real-life human interaction and a lack of companionship, and they may have an unrealistic view of the world. Some experts even call it "Facebook depression."

In a 2010 study, researchers found that about 1.2% of people ages 16 to 51 spent an inordinate amount of time online, and that they had a higher rate of moderate to severe depression. However, the researchers noted that it is not clear if Internet overuse leads to depression or if depressed people are more likely to use the Internet.

Snoozy..

• blondie
    blondie
    However, the researchers noted that it is not clear if Internet overuse leads to depression or if depressed people are more likely to use the Internet.

Thanks, Snoozy. I feel the same about thinking jws become depressed because they are jws or because depressed people are drawn to the WTS. Some depression is situational and others are internal, a physical illness, a brain disease. It is hard even for trained medical doctors, psychiatrists, to know which. They try many different medications hoping one or a combination works. I feel it is too simplistic since there are other religions and organizations with similar traits to the WTS.

Blondie

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I agree blondie, I too have thought the same thing..does the religion cause the depression or are they drawn to the religion because of their depression..I have often thought that the religion attracts certain kinds of people..

Snoozy

• theBGB
    theBGB

I was diagnosed with clinical depression very young...11 or 12. They put me on pills till my mom saw what they were doing to me and refused to let me continue on them (thanks Ma!). Tried taking me to a psychiatrist but he was just another adult I couldn't trust so he never was able to get anything out of me, although I really wish I had been able to open up and discuss why my life was so horrible at the time, probably would have helped a lot. Turns out I just f*kin hated my life as a Jw.... so the religion definitely caused my depression.

• LV101
    LV101

The religion made me miserable and caused anxiety until the day I left. Maybe the misery could be termed depression from the first day I set foot in one of those hate halls. I just attributed it to something out of my comfort zone (religion) and was focused on learning about God --- OMG!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit