Disfellowshipped!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

So here I am! Libertad! Though my story is a bit more complicated than that. I live in Argentina. I was disfellowshipped almost a month ago. No more Kingdom Halls and turning in time, but more unfortunately, this leaves me with almost no family left! Well, you all must know how that goes. I’m not completely helpless though. My father lives with his second wife in the USA with their children – my three little brothers and sisters! My brother lives in London.

They left the religion long ago, but my mother, two older brothers, their families, and my grandparents are all still going to the Hall. But within Argentina, all I really have are friends. So I have this plan. It will sound stupid to some, but to me it’s worth a try. I really don’t want to stay disfellowshipped. I can do without the religion, but I do not desire a complete disconnect from most of my family. I spoke to the elders shortly before they disfellowshipped me, and they told me I must come to meetings and sit in the back, and in six months they can review my situation. Also I need to move out from where I live with my wild roommates and find my own place. And so today I made arrangements to rent a room from an older acquaintance. It’s not far from the Kingdom Hall, and I can make appearances there.

In little over a year’s time, I will go abroad to study. No one else knows this, but I do. I hope to get re-instated to the congregation, and then will go. That way my mother cannot check up on me and my service, but will still believe that I am in the Witnesses. I can then come back to visit and be a part of the family. Even if I decide to come back, I can always become inactive. That way they can still speak to me at least.

What a crazy religion! But you all know that.

Emilie

Las Malvinas son Argentinas!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Well good luck with your plan dear, it does sound solid . Isn't it sad you have to go through such craziness just to have your 'loved' ones accept you again ! How totally bogus it all really is when, like you siad, you can just go off and do what you want w/o their knowledge ,but as long as the DF title is gone your good to them again .

CRAZY STUPID RELIGION F'n up peoples lives for over 100 yrs now ! Awesome

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

That sounds like a good plan. Moving away worked for me as well. I am free and no JW chains.

Sin cadenas sobre los pies me puse andar

hace tiempo quise encontrar el camino.

Y he perdido, he ganado, y he sabido defenderme bien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GobE86DFIKw

Las Malvinas son Argentinas!

Deseo lo mejor para vos, pero las Malvinas son Britanicas.

Ay! I somehow knew that would cause discussion. Yes, I have heard the British point of view. 179 years of occupation does not make it any more right than if Argentina took some remote Scottish islands 179 years ago and called them an Argentine territory ever since. But we can disagree on this! I do not disfellowship you! My father was a veteran of the Malvinas War and the cause is close to my heart.

• Diest
    Diest

First off welcome. I think a reinstatement followed by a fade is a good plan.

We should start another thread on your nick.

You cant claim something you barely owned. Not to mention I dont think there are many Argentines living on the Malkland islands. Self determination for the people that live there should be the deciding factor.

When I hear Argentines talk about the Falvinas they sound just like the Bolivians who complain about Chile taking their port city 100 years ago. There is a bit of...you lost, you lost along time ago...why waste the energy.

I know you wont agree but those are my dos centavos.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

You cant claim something you barely owned. Not to mention I dont think there are many Argentines living on the Malkland islands. Self determination for the people that live there should be the deciding factor.

I don't agree with the war over this sliver of land, but this argument is just lame. You occupy an area, force the locals out, and then take a vote. DUH!

Ay! Let’s move the Malvinas discussion please! But I will finally say this: Using the same argument, then China is the rightful owner of Tibet since the Chinese are now the majority and if a vote took place, Tibet would elect to remain with China! I think the Malvinas issue is an important one, and not something to be dismissed with a “we won, you lost” mentality. But let’s direct any further comments on this to another thread. I just wanted to greet everyone and tell a little about myself.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

let's do that. In fact someone already opened up an old thread on this.

So tell us more

• sd-7
    sd-7

Welcome. I prefer the term "expelled" personally. So...as Obi-Wan Kenobi once said, "What brings you out this far?"

Or basically, what the guy with the Wonder Bread hat said...

--sd-7

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Unfortunately even if you do get reinstated, your relationships with JWs are never going to improve from here on out. If you have it in you to get reinstated, great for you. It would be excruciating for me. I never could stand going to those meetings. I tried a handful of times but it was such torture I didn't care whether my family ever talked to me again or not. I just couldn't support that evil organization, not even for appearances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit